Chapter One

Storm.

His mare presence pinned me were I stood in the hallway while his cold gaze held my own. My feet glued to the ground while my nerves shot up. The sheer dominance of his gaze had me dropping my eyes to the floor in submission. If I was a werewolf like Xander I would be showing my belly.

He had that effect on me.

I should have been terrified of my thoughts and feelings for him but I had learned to accept that if one couldn't change a thing, one needed to simply accept it.

A few seconds went by in silence as we just stood there. Only the laboured breathing from me making a sound in the otherwise silent hallway. After what felt like forever the sound of his crisp dress shoes echoed as he moved to pass by. My breath caught when he stopped next to me. My heartbeat shooting through the roof while I shrunk down in size,almost barring my neck to him. My groin twitched as my lips parted in anticipation of his next move.

I didn't dare look up though. It was an unwritten rule between us.

No eye contact. He silently demanded It of me and I was only too happy to obey.

When I couldn't take it anymore I licked my lips and attempted to start a conversation but he was walking away with his long strides. Taking what I assumed was left of my heart.

And it hurt. Not because of his ignorance of my feelings and overall existence but because each day we breathed the same air was worse than the next. His presence was torturous and suffocating. It was simply too much to bare.

I craved him. Wanted him in every aspect of the word but it just couldn't be. Ours was a relationship doomed from the start.

Not that it even began to start with.

No. We were not from different worlds or backgrounds,neither were we sworn enemies. We were just simply too close.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as my eyes burned so bad I had to blink away the salty waters. I gripped the T-shirt I wore almost tearing it off my body as I tried and failed to reach within and grab the organ that caused me so much pain. I wanted to rip open my chest and just pull out my heart.

Perhaps if I dropped dead the pain wouldn't be so overwhelming. I couldn't feel the guilt and shame that came with my feelings.

Whimpering my vision clouded as I tried to steady myself against the wall. I could feel my legs giving out and I tumbled to the floor,gripping and beating frantically at my chest.

Today the pain was worse. Usually I would just choke on a few tears and turn the other way but his overbearing confidence had turned up a notch. He was getting sloppy and uncaring.

Familiar strong arms wrapped around me as they pulled me to my feet supporting my whole weight. His growl was loud and I flinched from the shear anger he exerted. In most days I would be the one trying to calm his wolf and coax him into letting it go but today I didn't even have the will to look him in the eyes.

"I could feel your pain all the way from the training grounds little one" His voice was deeper than usual, a clear sign of Zane's presence. I whimpered at this, knowing fully well that it was true. Literally. Xander and I could feel each others emotions. I was his sentinel. He knew when I was in trouble and vice versa. Mom wondered how the werewolf child was so attached to him when they first met. Well, Xander's attachment was really to me from the beginning. Mom was pregnant with me and Xander felt my presence. Hence wouldn't leave our mother Alvin.

"Come, let's make this pain go away. " Xan spoke, picking me up as I wrapped my legs around his waist, clinging to him like my life depended on it.

"I'm sorry. I forget about our bond at times." I muttered against his shoulder.

"It's not your fault Storm..."

"It's not his either... " I interrupted quickly trying to defend him but Xander wasn't having it today.

"I don't care if it's his fault or not, I just want him to quit being a fucking coward and man the fuck up! " Xan growled almost snapping at me.

"Xan...you know it's not... "

"Enough Dante. Stop making excuses for him." I didn't have to look at him to know that his eyes were a stormy purple. Zane was as angry as Xander and it showed.

His command was straight forward, I kept quite as he fumed silently. When we got to his quarters,he kicked the door open and kicked it back closed so violently the room seemed to shake from the effect. Xander walked to his bed and pulled open the comforter gently placing me as I curled to myself.

"You need to rest. I'm going to take a shower then make us something to eat,alright?" He asked not really expecting an answer because he was already half way through the bathroom door.

I simply nodded slightly and closed my eyes,willing sleep to come soon but my mind raced to earlier. To Xander's words. I knew deep inside Xander blamed our parents but he just didn't want to say it out loud. Xander bottled a lot of things and eventually he would snap and rush out. I knew he was frustrated and angry at the situation and it killed me knowing that I caused him so much pain.

But I could end it all. The pain, worries and possibly prevent Xander's inevitable outburst. I could sign the papers hidden in my drawer and leave everything behind.

I could leave him. If it meant protecting him from everyone and everything. Perhaps in my absence he would seek another...

My hand reached out to soothe the pain at the mere thought of him with another person.

You can't even handle the thought of it,how do you intend to handle the separation and distance.

Time heals all wounds.

"I swear to God Dante...! " I jumped at Xander's alpha voice snapping me out of my thoughts. Xander looked furious as he stood by the door with only a towel wrapped around his waist as he clenched his fists tightly glaring daggers at me with furious purple eyes!

"I... I... I'm sorry I just..." I stammered  sitting up and bringing my knees to my chin as I trembled. I wasn't scared of Xander but Xander wasn't really someone anyone wants close when his pissed off. He sighed rolling his eyes at my posture and walked to my side,picking me up as he cradled me in his lap like a child. I was eighteen for crying out loud.

"I'm not a child Xan! "I protested weakly though clearly enjoying the attention. Xander was the only person who could make me feel better in a shity mood.

"Then stop acting like one" Xander chided lightly but it stung. Here I was just out of high school and had a shit tone of problems that required me to think like an adult but here I was playing baby. I needed to grow up.

Starting with leaving this place.