Chapter Six

"Ares, we can no longer hold them off. We need to act now." Selene, my dear sister raged as her ears turned red from all the steam coming out of her ears. Metaphorically speaking of course. It was kind  of weird how I always pictured people's emotional response in cartoon form. 

When I was younger, I was obsessed with anime. Especially Japanese anime. It always made me crack up how cartoon characters would go cherry red in the face from anger or whatever emotion they were having. And now years later, I haven't done away with the idea. It's like my own way of distressing. If I can picture every annoying scenario in cartoon form then I wouldn't have to kill everyone.

At least that's what my therapist says.

Speaking of my therapist I hadn't gone in a few weeks of late. Need to get some things off my chest. So I reach for my phone and text my assistant to schedule one for me this week . When I hit send my sister is in my face now, practically screaming like a banshee. Not that I ever saw one to begin with. But my mind conjures up an image of her being a banshee.

One of our rivals had apparently struck a deal with the feds and ratted us out on a few things. example being three of our warehouses which had some not so legal things in them. My men were alerted  by our source from the bureau and luckily were in time to move the stuff out and replace them with other things. The third warehouse was unlucky we had to set it on fire instead as they were closing in on us.

But somebody had to pay for that and I was going to make sure of it, personally.

"Ares, are you even listening to me!!!" Selene grips my forearms to emphasize her point. She always did that when she thought I wasn't listening, even when we were young. sighing, I calmly extract my sister's hands from my forearms and rise to meet her confused and frustrated stare.

"Everything is under control, you would know this if your faith in your brother weren't so little. Right now as we speak, Mika is handling one of there three warehouses while, Lizzy is handles the second and thirdly dear sis their own is setting ablaze the third as we speak" And as if on que my cell rings and Mika's name and  number flashes on the screen.

"Ah let me take that" I move to retrieve my discarded phone from the table ..

"It's done, all three have been taken care of and the rats are being corned as we speak".  I snort and throw the phone back on the table.

"Done ,now its your turn Selene" A smirk follows and I know that she won't disappoint. Selene was yet to fail a job. when all else failed, she was my last resort. Now that the immediate  threat had been taken care of, I just needed the senator out of the way. The new senator was eager to show his worth to the people but unfortunately for him, he had set his sight on the wrong prey.

 I would rather die than let anyone ruin what we have built over the years. This was our legacy. We were a family here.  And lord knows I would rain bullets on anyone that threatened us. Our pretty senator was a thorn I could not wait to get rid of. And truth be told, when all is done according to plan, I will have the honor of putting a bullet through his skull.

Without fail.

...

A few days later Selene had managed to infiltrate the political world. She would be a member of his stuff. Someone he will have hand picked without even realizing  who his enemy is. The rival families paid with there lives, as is even crime in the mafia world. Snitches got bullets in my case. We were back to our normal schedule of killing and kidnapping people and all else in between. Personally I was actually bored and wanted to take a break. Alexander came to mind these days, I would have to pay my big brother a visit one of these days.

My cell rang as I  contemplated were I could go for a break, And by his height was he the one calling. 

I chuckled and picked the call but putting the little device on speaker. 

"Xan"

"Ares"

Silence

Xander always did this. Let me stew for a bit before he offers whatever help or matter was on the table. It's safe to say that no matter how much love I held in my cold dark heart for my brother I held just as my hatred. Xander was an asshole with a capital H. But mom chose him so we were stuck with him unfortunately.

"I can picture your little mind working ten miles per heart beat, not that you actually even have a heart to begin with", Yes that was my big brother alright.

See? asshole.

"I wish he left you in that damn desert then I  wouldn't have to see your stupid face" I remark my own displeasure.

"I will remember those words next time you come whinnying to me for help, matter of fact I forbid your entrance to my pack lands or coven", The wolf growled most likely making an appearance cause of the disrespect. 

"Damned wolf". I muttered, standing up to pour myself a drink. I'm not sure why but I think I might also be slowly inching to alcoholism, something I had to tackle with my therapist when we meet I guess.

"Make that for life" Right, Xander had supernatural hearing.

"Whatever, I want to see you. This place is making me go crazy with Selene being away and stuff. I need a break before I blow up someone's brains out".

"When last did you see your therapist?" He always did this, try to push the problem away. 

"I don't need a therapist Xander, I need you...fuck ,I swear I'm going to go crazy If I don't get away from here" I almost snapped or whimpered not even sure which because at the emotional rate I was going, being a little bitch was the least of my worries. Instead I opted for a deep breath and closed my eyes to everything. My emotions were all over the place, and I knew that if I stayed any longer than necessary in this place I was going to lose my mind and ultimately kill someone.

"Hmm okay... I can make time this weekend." I released the breath I didn't realize I was still holding. Didn't know if he was going to make me suffer any much longer than he already has.