Ceiling Fan

A loud buzzing startled me awake as I rolled out of bed to soften the noise. Waking up from a dreamless sleep and opening my eyes, I forgot for just a moment that my life was blissful. The shocking reality washed over me like a wave on the ocean as I peered outside of my rooftop. Looking at the rising sun, I envied those who had life to share with. Something I used to be accustomed to, before time took the reins.

The scent of coffee filled the room, overcoming everything I knew and reminding me of the shop where we met. I reminisced about her soft, fruity perfume and how it complemented her passionate personality. Even as she grew old, she marvelled in her beauty, keeping the ardour and authenticity of her young years... Right up until the end. However reflection was futile as she was gone and me, still regrettably never able to join her.

But feeling of love, friendship and sincerity was forbidden in this apocalyptic and brutal society and us sheep had to blindly accept unfaithful ideals. People in this unfair world strive to live and most importantly, for time. Time, time, time. The ever flowing river provides nothing but pain, suffering but also comfort. It's addicting yet soothing and surrounds us all. It's what fuels us and what causes our demise. In this meaningless existence, people see time as a temporary drug. Buying more and more with dollar bills and determination. Ever since scientists found a way to shorten the human decay process, it has become everyone's top priority to steal as much of it as they can. What they don't understand, is immortality isn't everything it is cut out to be when you were born with this curse.

Governments release this to control their subjects. But not me. I strive to remove the world of corrupt and non-compassionate leaders who only care about money and ease. A small group of distinguished individuals are close to exposing the intentions of global figureheads and I, a member. Today is the day we strike against the notorious, patriarchal American dystopia and reclaim the freedom we once had as a proud nation.