𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟎𝟖

𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐎𝐍 𝐄𝐏. 𝟏𝟗 𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐊 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐎 ★

Phillip glanced back at Chad, assessing the situation and realizing that this guy would do whatever it took to protect himself. With a casual and easy-going demeanor, he decided to try sweet-talking him, adding a few extra flourishes to manipulate the situation in his favor.

"Oh, really?" Phillip said, raising an eyebrow. "So, if you had been there, things would have been a walk in the park, huh? Looks like Teddy Jin wasn't as much of a challenge as I initially thought."

Chad, eager to please and save face, didn't hesitate to respond. "Absolutely," he said confidently. "If I had been around, it definitely wouldn't have played out like this."

Phillip inwardly admitted that he felt a bit disappointed, but it was nothing unexpected. He knew Chad was nowhere near Teddy's league. All he had to do was dangle a carrot of ambition in front of them, and they would scramble, desperately vying for his approval. In the end, Phillip knew he just had to keep delivering his product and watch as everything fell into place.

For Phillip, it was crucial to maintain the pressure on his adversaries until they inevitably surrendered. He was determined to etch his psychological torment into their consciousness, forcing them to their knees, begging for mercy.

The fact that Chad was attempting to downplay what had happened and find ways to align himself with Phillip and his powerful clique was infuriating. It was typical of Chad, always scheming to make something out of nothing. Even Teddy being pushed off track under Phillip's influence didn't seem like a big deal to him. It was utterly exasperating.

As Chad witnessed the full extent of the video, a sense of overwhelming embarrassment washed over him. He felt his mind racing, desperately searching for a solution. The weight of the situation bore down on him, leaving him uncertain and anxious about what he should do next.

"Hey, Alex!"

Alex felt a firm arm wrap around his shoulders, causing him to stumble slightly as he entered the school grounds. Despite his unease, he couldn't help but steal a glance at Ben, who wore a mischievous grin. Today marked his long-awaited return to school, and he hoped to slip in unnoticed.

"How's the journey of self-discovery going? Enjoying the ride?" Ben teased.

"Uh, wait, what? Oh... yeah, sure," Alex replied, trying to play it cool.

Ben chuckled, his grin widening. "So, the pool rematch is still on for after school today, right?"

The mention of the pool hall triggered a memory in Alex's mind. Jimmy Bae had mentioned something about "coming" for Ben later.

"Nah, let's save that for another time," Alex said, trying to downplay the situation.

Ben placed his bag down and rummaged through it. "Let's catch up after class before we head out," he suggested. "You know... at our usual spot."

"What do you say? The rooftop for a chat? That's an interesting choice. Why do you want to go there?" Alex questioned, his curiosity piqued.

Ben gave him a knowing smile as he handed him a carton of banana milk. He shook his head slightly and said, "Sometimes, you've got to figure things out for yourself, huh?" With that, he pushed through the school doors and disappeared from sight.

Alex stood there, holding the milk, sighing and feeling a tinge of confusion. All he could do was take a sip and hope for the best. He began to feel a sense of contentment, but it was short-lived as he heard a familiar laugh behind him. He turned to see F/N making his way up the stairs, waving at him cheerfully.