𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟎𝟑

𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐎𝐍 𝐄𝐏. 𝟔 𝐎𝐅 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐊 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐎 ★

"Let's see if Colton Choi even bothers showing up today... I wouldn't be surprised if he's taking a day off to recover from his clash with Gray Yeon!" one of them remarked playfully.

The other nodded, a faint smile playing on their lips. "Yeah, it might not be a bad idea for everyone to take it easy for a while."

"But you know his team must be feeling pretty down after that setback. Let's wait and see!"

Unbeknownst to them, Colton Choi seethed silently behind them, his face contorting with unpleasant emotions. The audacity of those nerds! They felt entitled to talk about him as if he weren't even there, all because Gray Yeon had managed to get lucky and emerge victorious in their clash! The mere thought filled him with anger and frustration.

"Hey, you losers... shut the fuck up," Colton finally spoke up, his voice laced with venom.

He was ready to assert his dominance and give the others a piece of his mind when the classroom door swung open, revealing the arrival of Gray Yeon. The sight of him sent a sudden knot twisting in Colton's stomach, and he fought to keep his composure. The entire room fell silent, the tension palpable. Colton muttered something under his breath in exasperation, but it was clear that the atmosphere had shifted, becoming much more charged and apprehensive.

Maybe if I just look away, I can—

However, Gray seemed to read Colton's inner turmoil effortlessly, fixing him with an intimidating glare that Colton couldn't ignore. It was as if Gray knew the fear that coursed through his veins, and Colton realized in that moment that he was thoroughly defeated, trapped within the serpentine coils of his own making. He abandoned his foolish attempt to assert dominance over the nerds, resigned to his fate.

As Gray took his seat at the front row, the full weight of Colton's no-win situation settled upon him, ensnaring him within the serpent's winding body. The realization sent shivers of fear down his spine, leaving him trembling with uncertainty.

"Did you see Colton? He's still trembling with fear," whispered a scruffy-looking guy, his food-stained cap adding to his unkempt appearance.

"Look at him, shrinking back in fright," his companion agreed, glancing in Colton's direction.

The scruffy chap pondered for a moment before posing a question to his companion, "Do you think we should team up against Gray?"

"Here are your class schedules. I know you're starting a bit late compared to your peers, coming from Yeo-il, but I'm confident you'll catch up in no time. Why don't you head to Class 1-5 and get started?" The man in the front office handed F/N the papers, offering a polite smile.

F/N managed a tight, awkward one in return and took the papers. "Thanks."

The older man furrowed his brow, perplexed by the boy's hurried departure. He wondered what had caused such agitation in him.

Once F/N found himself in a secluded hallway, out of sight from prying eyes, he leaned against the wall, taking deep, calming breaths. His racing heart gradually settled, and his hands grew steadier. He could feel himself regaining composure.