Home and Hostage

(Y/n) and Wilbur stared each other down after her bold declaration. The tension in the room was thick, and Tommy looked between his two role models nervously. 

"Think of me as a mercenary," (Y/n) broke the silence, "I will respect your rules, but play by mine." 

Tommy gave Wilbur a pleading look, causing the older man to sigh, "Fine, but we won't be recognizing you as a formal member of the country until you abide by our rules."

"Fine by me," (Y/n) shrugged, "Techno would never let me live it down if I formally joined anything involved with government anyways."

The rest of the room's occupants let out a sigh of relief as the tension dissipated. Tommy turns to (Y/n) once more, "I'll show you my house! It's the embassy you know, and you can stay there with me if you need to. And we can listen to my discs on the bench!"

A smile graced (Y/n)'s lips once more as she looked over at the teen, "I'd love to see it, Toms."

Tommy looked over at Wilbur for permission, who narrowed his eyes and said, "TommyInnit you are dismissed until I need you again."

Tommy frowned, as did (Y/n) at the order, and grumbled something under his breath as he pulled his phantom friend along with him outside the van. 

(Y/n) followed Tommy as he excitedly showed her the prime path leading to his abode. (Y/n) internally cringed when she saw what Tommy considered a 'house' but smiled at him, "Wow, it's definitely very... eco-friendly."

"I don't want it to be, I hate the environment," Tommy said confidently as he pulled out an axe and swung it into a tree, lodging the weapon into its trunk. It soon became evident that he could not pull it back out."

"(Yyy/nnnn)" Tommy whined, "Can you help meeee" 

The hybrid sighed and walked over to the tree, wrenching the axe out with a single hand and passing it back to the boy, "Now was that embarrassment really worth the bit?"

"Yes," Tommy said resolutely. 

Before either of them could continue, Tommy's communicator began beeping incessantly, he looked down to see Tubbo had been frantically messaging him for help. 

"Oh no! They've got Tubbo!" 

Another message came through afterward, a name (Y/n) recognized. 

Dream: we have a hostage

"Dammit" (Y/n) cursed under her breath, "I'll go handle this."

"No!" Tommy stopped her, "This is the perfect opportunity to show Wilbur what I'm made of!" 

(Y/n) sighed, "I know I can't dissuade you, so at least let me come with you."

Tommy looked like he was going to argue, but a firm look from (Y/n) silenced him. 

"C'mon" (Y/n) held out her arms, "We'll be able to find them faster from the air."

Tommy's face brightened as he pumped a fist in the air, "Hell yeah we're flying bitches!"

(Y/n) hooked her arms under Tommy's and took off with a mighty flap of her wings, gliding over the forest and scanning the ground below. It wasn't long before (Y/n)'s sharp eyes spotted three figures standing over a hole in the ground which contained the boy she met earlier. The three men guarding the pit didn't seem to notice them as high as they were. 

"Tommy," (Y/n) called his attention in a low voice, "The pale blue potion on my waist is slow fall potion, I'll dive down and you float after me."

"Those are rare (Y/n)! There aren't many phantom membranes on the server." Tommy protested. 

"I collect them from my sheds, don't worry." (Y/n) eased his concerns, flipping him around in her arms so he faced her and was able to reach the potion. 

Tommy hesitated for a moment before taking the potion and gulping it down, "I love drugs!" 

(Y/n) rolled her eyes and said, "Remember, don't call attention to yourself or they'll shoot."

With that, the phantom hybrid dropped her companion who began slowly floating toward the ground. She then dove down toward Dream, using her momentum to flip around and kick him toward a man she didn't recognize. She saw he was wearing a white hoodie and had blond hair, with a golden necklace around his neck. 

Dream grunted at the unexpected kick and the unidentified man did the same as their bodies collided, sending them to the ground. (Y/n) landed and retracted her wings to make herself a smaller target, brandishing a shiny netherite sword with an obvious enchantment. 

"Hello gentlemen, long time no see." (Y/n) grinned as the two scrambled to get up and face their attacker. 

"You!" Dream called out, before turning to the blond and saying, "Things just got a lot more complicated." 

"You bet they did." (Y/n) maintained her grin as she watched them pull out their weapons, "Now I believe you have something of ours."

"Ours?" The other man asked, and his question was answered with an arrow that bounced off his armor. 

"Give us back Tubbo you bitch!" Tommy called from a few feet above the ground, where he had equipped his bow and was pulling back another shot. 

"Tommy, (Y/n), you came!" cried Tubbo. 

(Y/n) turned to the pit, only to stop mid turn at the sound of slashed air, pivoting quickly to face a descending axe wielded by Sapnap. With an incredible show of reflexes, she pulled up her sword to block the axe, grunting as the weapons made contact and she pushed against the axe to shove it back. Jumping backwards closer to the pit to gain some distance. 

"Don't think you can catch me off guard that easily," she smirked. 

"We have you three to one," Dream said, pulling out a crossbow and levelling it at the phantom, not counting Tommy and Tubbo as threats. 

"I like those odds."