Chapter 1

My Fitbit Flex vibrated against my arm as my Garmin running watch beeped. In the background, my iPhone and my iPad were ringing, the tunes clashing horribly. The perfect way to wake me up for school in the morning.

I put on my clothes and brushed my teeth, running downstairs, where I quickly mixed up cereal and milk for breakfast.

Slurping down the rest of it, I rushed outside right when the bus came.

I hate school. I only go there because my best friend, Rayne, goes there. Today was her birthday and my backpack was-

Oh, sh*t (sorry I'm not allowed to cuss). I left my backpack in the house. Fumbling for my keys that I kept in my pockets, I unlocked the door and ran inside, tripping over the doorstep. I fell flat on my face.

Cursing, I got up and reached for my backpack. I ran back outside with my unusually heavy backpack. I reached the bus just in time.

I sat down on an empty seat at the window and plugged my headphones into my ears. I played some random songs. The first was 'Heart Attack' by Demi Lavato.

Halfway into the song, a person tapped on my shoulder, giving me a heart attack (no pun intended). Well, almost.

A boy was standing there, probably 15 or 16, with messy dark hair and the most gorgeous chocolate brown eyes I've ever seen. I looked at his clothes. He was wearing a black skull t-shirt with a brown furry jacket, ripped jeans and a..... smirk?

"Done checking me out yet?" How rude.

"Also, I was wondering, can I sit here?"

"Y-yeah, sure." I stuttered. Damn it. Why am I stuttering? I'm not made for stuttering. I gave him a glare and went back to listening to my song.

5 minutes later, I arrived at school. I pushed the freakin' jerk-

What's his name?

I didn't bother to ask. I just walked off the bus in to school, the stupidest place ever.