Chapter 3

Jaelen's POV

My hands were tingling, and my head was throbbing. I didn't know what was happening, but I felt some kind of conflict between me and myself.

Despite all the throbbing and tingling and whatnot, I looked up at the boy and smirked. He was holding a sword that was emitting darkness and cold. I stopped myself from shivering. Getting up onto my feet, I walked into the darkness of the room.

"Hey, wait!" A voice halted me. I turned, my hair flinging. The boy - what is his name!? - was running towards me, sword in hand. "It's too dangerous. You won't make it."

I glared at him. "Yes, I will." I countered. Turning, I felt my right hand heat up. Fire suddenly burst from my hand. Like, literally. A little gasp was heard from behind, but I ignored it.

My hands were held up, like I was trying to show someone the palms of my hands. The other hand that wasn't on fire suddenly exploded with vaporized cold air swirling above it. Another gasp. I grinned, stepping forward.

"I'm ready to kick some butt."

~

The boy stepped up when I entered the pitch black miasma. Let me just tell you one thing: it smelled like Hades in there. I wrinkled my nose and focused forward. I let my instincts kick in, and I felt a dangerous presence ahead.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are!" I sang in a sweet, but venomous voice. "If you dare try to attack- kill me, then feel the power of me as you slowly die." The end of my sentence turned into a growl.

Red eyes blinked open in the darkness. I smiled, ready to fight whatever was ahead.

The monster stepped out, and I blinked. It was small, probably half of my size, and it was shriveled up. It had fangs that were all bloody sticking out of its mouth, and large, pointy ears. It looked like a shriveled up vampire. There was a tugging feeling in my gut, and the monster suddenly erupted in flames and disintegrated. I couldn't help but think that killing it was excessively easy.

I turned around to see the boy staring. "What are you gawking at?" I asked, smirking.

The boy shook his head and opened his mouth, when his gaze turned to a point behind me, and suddenly, a huge wave of weight landed on me. The room filled with hisses, and I fell down to my knees, overwhelmed by the sudden weight.

~

Lamia

Ignore that word, it's called a reminder. Uggie. My "write a long chapter" instinct kicked in, so I had to split this chapter in half. So sorry for that bad ending. Anyways, hope you enjoyed, remember to vote, comment, share, and most importantly, ENJOYYY!!

~Meeeee

Word count: 464 words