Chapter 4

It's the night of my first date with Daniel. Leila is helping me pick out my outfit. I'm wearing a short white and navy chevron dress and white flats. I'm just so excited. This is my first boyfriend ever, and it's exactly what I wanted. He was so nice to me when I liked him, and I hope he's even nicer to me now that we're going on a date.

Leila and I get into my car, off to the restaurant Daniel and I are going to meet at. We spot Jake walking to my house, so we stop and Leila tools down her window.
"Hey!" He says, "I was just heading to your house. I was hoping we could have a Netflix marathon, you know like last week! Could you guys give me a ride?"
"Um, actually we've got something planned for tonight, maybe later?" I say, trying to sound as harmless as possible, not wanting to hurt his feelings.
"Angel's got a date tonight!" Leila blurts out, "Im just dropping her off. If you want to, you can come with us and then you and I can go to my house and start our marathon."
"Oh, no, that's fine. I'll just go back home." He scratches the back of his neck. "I have a ton of homework to catch up on anyways."
"Ok, see you later!" Leila yells to him as he turns to walk away. He waves at us from behind as Leila rolls up the window.

I feel terrible. I feel like crying. What if it's always like this: me having to choose between my love life and him. I hope I can find some way of avoiding that. But I shouldn't let this ruin my night. The date will be amazing. Me and Daniel will fall in love.

Oh, who am I kidding. That's never gonna happen.