Chapter Six

Jeff's POV

"Bye Jeff." She said before she hung up.

The way she said my voice, god, it made my heart skip a beat, sent chills down my spine. I couldn't wait to talk to her again, but she was in school, and I had to wait until she was done class.

That's one thing I wish I had the oppourtunity to do. I love playing hockey, I really do. But I wish I could have had the oppourtunity to go to university. But it was never really my plan. Sports has always been a huge part of my life, from figure skating to hockey, it's always been about sports with my family. But in high school, I was always interested in Psychology. I even took a Psychology course in high school, and I got almost perfect marks in it. I was good at it, and I loved it. I would have probably gone into that if I had the oppourtunity.

I left ScotiaBank Place and jumped in a cab, heading back to the team hotel. I decided that would be the best choice for me right now.

I swiped the key through the lock on the hotel room door and found Eric in the room, half dressed.

"Heeeyyy," he welcomed me, "How was optional practice?"

I just shook my head. "I couldn't get Lindsay off my mind. Coach is going to bench me if I can't clear my mind."

"Skins, we have to have you on the ice tomorrow. You've gotta get her off your mind."

"I know, I know, I'm trying." I said as I sat down at the end of my bed, my head in my hands.

Eric walked over to me, and sat down beside me. "Have you at least talked to her since yesterday?"

"Yeah, and she's going to be calling back later. She was in class when I called."

"Wait, high school or university?" Eric asked.

"University, of course."

"Okay, good." Eric laughed. He stood up and continued to get dressed. 

I stood up and took my jacket off. "I'm going for a shower. What time is team dinner again?"

"6:00 pm. Empire Grill. Apparently it's one of the best restaurants in Ottawa."

I nodded. "Yeah, I heard." Okay, it's only 3:15 pm right now. I still have time."

"Wicked." Eric replied.

I walked into the washroom, undressed and jumped into the shower, letting the hot water just pour over me, hoping it would help clear my mind.

------------------------------------------

Eric's POV

I felt so bad for Jeff. I know how he feels. I felt the same way when I met Tanya for the first time. It's painful, I know.

I continued to get dressed and working on my hair. As I was looking in the mirror, I saw a light on Jeff's bed. It was his iPhone. I walked to his bed and picked it up. It was Lindsay. 

"What do I do?" I thought. In the spur of the moment, I answered it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Umm...hello. This isn't Jeff, is it?" she said.

"No, it's Eric." I laughed.

"Eric? Eric Staal?" she sounded shocked.

"Yep, that's me."

"...Oh my gosh, how are you?" she asked me.

"I'm good. Jeff is actually in the shower right now, but I'll go get him. He really wants to talk to you."

"Oh, okay." I could hear her smile through the phone.

I walked to the washroom door and knocked. "Jeff, Lindsay's on the phone."

Within four seconds, the water was off and the door swung open, a towel around Jeff's waist. He grabbed the phone from my hand and slammed the door again.

"Lindsay?" I heard from behind the door.

I laughed and shook my head. Oh young love, it's so adorable.

------------------------------------

Jeff's POV

"Jeff, Lindsay's on the phone." Eric called to me through the washroom door.

I turned the water off, jumped out of the shower, threw a towel around my waist, threw open the door, grabbed the phone from Eric's hand and closed the door once again.

"Lindsay?" I said, slightly out of breath.

"Hi Jeff. How's your shower going?" she laughed.

I laughed. I didn't quite know how to answer that in a way that didn't embarrass me.

"So how was your class?" I asked as I sat down on the edge of the tub.

"It was good, I really like Astronomy."

"You like Astronomy? Like, the stars and space?"

"Yeah, I love it. Space scares me. I think that's why I like it so much."

Gosh, she amazed me.

We talked as I got dressed and got ready to go out. We just talked about ourselves, and got to know each other more. Unfortunately, 5:30 pm came around, and I had to go to the team dinner.

"Call me before the game tomorrow, okay? I don't want you to be distracted during tomorrow's game." she said to me. She was so incredibly caring, only wanting what's best for me.

"Of course I will, don't worry." I said to her.

"So I'll talk to you later, alright?" 

"Okay."

"Bye Jeff, enjoy your team dinner. Thank Eric for me."

"Will do. Bye Lindsay."

I hung up my phone. Sitting on the end of my bed, I smiled. I wanted to see her again so badly.

And I would soon. I knew I would.