Chapter Twenty-One

Lindsay's POV

My heart hurt a little more every day that I didn't get to see Jeff. It's not like we never talked. We texted, called, and used Skype and Facetime with each other a lot, but it was nothing compared to seeing him everyday. We didn't even have to talk when we were using Facetime or Skype, half the time, we just sat there quietly, doing our own thing.

It was finally the end of November, time for University exams. I had one, Natural Hazards. It wasn't too difficult, but it did require a bit of time studying. Jeff didn't mind, he understood that school was important. I would have to wait until January to find out the final mark though.

Jeff called me up during the afternoon at the very end on November.

"Lindsay, I have some great news!" he exclaimed.

"What's up?" I smiled.

"I had twelve points last month, so the guys in the head office told me that they'll get off my back about dating you."

"That's fantastic!"

"I know, right? You're done your exams, right?"

"Yeah, why?" I asked.

"Well, I'm coming to Winnipeg on the ninth--"

"You didn't think I knew that?" I interrupted. "I've only been counting down the days."

"Me too. Anyways, after that game, I want you to come with me. I have a game in Toronto a few days after, then we go home to play your beloved Canucks. I want you to come and spend like, a week to ten days with me. That four day stint just wasn't enough for me."

"I know, me either." I said.

"So, would you be okay with that? We could have an early Christmas together, and then I'll send you back home so you can spend it with your family."

"Oh gosh, I'd love to do that, I really would!"

"So you'll come?"

"Of course I will!" I was smiling so much, my face hurt.

"Oh...yeah...there's just one catch about the Toronto game."

"What's that?" I asked.

"...My parents are going to be there."

"...Oh...okay."

"You're okay with that, right?" he asked.

"Yeah, it'll be just fine. As long as they like me."

"Well, they're excited to meet you. I've told them so much about you, and they like what they've heard about you so far."

I smiled. "I have no problem with meeting your parents."

"Do you mind sitting an entire game with them?"

"Nope, not at all."

"You're so fantastic."

"Thanks, I try." I laughed.

We ended up talking for another hour and a half. I couldn't wait until I could see Jeff again. In nine days, I would be seeing Jeff again, I was so excited.

----------------------------------------------

Jeff flew in to Winnipeg right after his game in Edmonton, so we met the next day after practice. He wanted me to show him my favourite things about Winnipeg. Since he was staying at the Fairmont Downtown, I decided to start at The Forks. The Forks is like, this historical and cultural meeting place and large green space. There were also little shops and places to get food. I love food, so I showed him all my favourite places to get food, and we did end up getting some.