Chapter 9

*Usha Pov*

After the marriage date is fixed everyone started discussing what they are going to do except us. I looked at the corner of the room to see him leaning on the wall, but his gaze is on me.

I sighed and turned to see Deepu rushing towards me excitingly. She turned towards Abhay and said, "Jiju! Come here, please."

We both looked straight at her shocked. Jiju! Seriously Deepu? He reluctantly walked towards us and stood beside me.

"I actually thought you were going to be mad at me, but I am happy that you are not." Deepu said smiling.

"Why would I be mad at you?" I asked her confused.

"I told you one month back right, I got a proposal, and he rejected me. Well, that person is none other than Jiju." She replied.

"What?" we both asked her shocked.

"What Jiju? Didn't you see my picture?" She asked him confused.

"Uhmm... I didn't even know your name. I just know your age when I got your proposal." he replied rubbing his neck.

"Oh! So this is your general forte then. Rejecting and accepting without knowing anything about them." I mumbled so that only he can hear it.

He glared at me and started saying something, but was stopped by Deepu saying, "Anyway! Then I asked Dad to take this proposal for you and uncle too said that he is going to search for matches for you at the same time. That's how you actually got his proposal."

"So it was because of you?" We both asked her at the same time.

"How cute! You both are really perfect for each other." She said squeezing our cheeks.

Cute! Here we both are glaring at her, and she is calling us cute. I rubbed my temple and said, "I need to go."

"Where, Usha?" Mom asked, reaching near me.

"Err... I guess everything is settled here right. So I will go to my office." I replied and gave her a look that she will not say anything.

"I also need to go." He said and disappeared towards his parents.

"Ok! But take my mobile with you as yours is broken." Mom said handing over her mobile.

I nodded and left the house, ignoring all the people who are talking nothing but about my wedding preparations.

I looked at the watch to find that it is already eleven. So I just hope Mr.Raj will excuse me for this one time.

I walked for a few minutes and waited for some bus so that I can reach the city immediately. Even after a few minutes no bus came, and then I saw his car stopping in front of me.

"Get in!" he said, rolling the window.

"No need for that." I said looking away.

"You will get late Usha. So just get in." he said and then I got in because I don't have any other option at present.

He started driving, and we both sat calmly. I looked outside and tried to accept that I am going to get married to him.

"If you so hate to marry me, then why did you let me put the ring on your finger?" He asked when we reached the city.

"If you so hate to marry me, then why did you put the ring on my finger?" I asked him back.

He didn't reply and we both again fell into silence. He finally stopped at the café and unlocked the door.