Chapter 25

*Abhay Pov*

I looked at the closed door in shock for a few minutes until I felt a slap on my shoulder. I turned towards Shruthi and saw her grinning at me.

"Why are you smiling so suddenly? Weren't you crying until now?" I asked her shocked.

"You idiot! Didn't you hear? She is pregnant, which means you are going to be a Dad." she replied scowling.

"She really said that right. I thought I just dreamt it." I said still amazed.

"What are you waiting for? She came all the way here to tell you that news, but you as usual didn't get prepared yourself to hear it deciding it in your brain. Now she must be so hurt." Shruthi said making me realize what I just did.

How stupid can I be? I need to go near her, and we both should celebrate this. With that thought I rushed outside my cabin and towards Raj Industries.

I walked towards the receptionist and asked, "I need to see Usha."

"And you are?" she asked, not looking up.

"I am Abhay Sharma." I replied gasping for air.

She immediately looked up and frowned at me. Then she was looking at something on the system and said, "Sir and Maam already left for the airport few minutes back."

"Which flight?" I asked her after cursing.

"We don't know. But we heard Sir saying that they were really late while leaving." She replied.

I nodded and came outside dialing her number. I don't think she will lift my phone, but she did again surprising me as usual.

"Hello Usha! I am sorry that I stopped you from saying anything. I didn't know I mean I didn't think something important issue must have happened." I said continuously.

"Hey! Let me speak." She said making me stop from saying anything.

"Ok!" I mumbled.

"I am not angry at you. Actually, I don't even know what I am feeling so I can't say anything. But I have so many stupid things flowing through my mind, and I think by spending these few days with distance may make my mind clear. So all I am asking just give me these few day's time, then we will sit down and talk after I return." She said so calmly.

"But..." I started saying but she cut me off and said, "I will listen to every single word without disturbing you, and that's a promise."

After few minutes, I sighed and said, "Ok! But I am waiting for you and please take care of yourself."

"I know and I will." That's all she said before hanging up.

I walked calmly towards my office and entered my cabin to see Shruthi laying her head on the table.

"Hey! Are you fine now?" I asked, sitting in my chair.

"Are you kidding me? First tell me did you talk to her?" she asked and then I told her what happened.

"Maybe she is right. She is pregnant right, so her hormones must be spread here and there. They are not high at this stage, but there is an effect on them for sure on a person's behavior. But forget hormones any girl would have slapped you if she saw us like that." She explained.

"But she didn't." I said, amazed because Shruthi is right any girl would have done that.

"Yeah! Because she trusts you Abhay. She is a gem so just don't lose her and even tell her our truth." she said leaving my cabin.

"Take care, Shruthi." I said before she left.

"I will and I am used to this already." she said closing the door.