Ch.4 Natural Enemy

■3rd Person POV■

Y/N has just finished taking a shower. She's now walking to the family's restaurant just like any other morning.

Y/N slides the door open.

Y/N's dad: Morning honey...

Y/N's father beams her with a smile as he lifts the chair from the table and puts it down.

Y/N: morning father...

And then, Y/N's gaze turns into another male that's also arranging the chairs.

Y/N: Kenma... good morning

Kenma: morning Y/N... we'll be ready in a minute.

Y/N nods and watches as Kenma are already sweating but still helps with the restaurant.

It's been a month already since Y/N's mother told Kenma to helps out at the restaurants if he wants to get Y/N's parents' trust.

Kenma always goes to Miyagi Friday evening after he works. He sleeps in one of the empty rooms in this house and helps out every Saturday from morning til it closes, and on Sunday for half day.

Y/N could see that Kenma is actually sweating a lot and looks tired after he moves for some sometimes, but he keeps going.

Y/N could see that he earnestly helping out, and even her father could no longer deny that he can see Kenma's seriousness in getting Y/N.

Today already ends again and Kenma throws his body back and leans back in the chair.

Y/N sees how hard he works today.

Y/N: Kenma... you shouldn't have work too much...

Kenma: no... it's nothing...

Kenma is panting and Y/N decided to back and grab a cold drink. Y/N hands Kenma cold drink and Kenma looks up at her.

Since he starts helping out every weekend in here, it's the first day he sees Y/N looks so worried for him..

Y/N: p-please don't tire yourself up... I don't want you to get even more stressed...

Kenma watches as Y/N sits next to him and this makes him happy knowing that she's this worried for him.

Kenma: it's nothing Y/N... really... don't worry and just see... I'm gonna get your parents trust back.. and yours too...

Y/N: but... don't you want to rest on the weekend... after all... you must be tired going all the way every weekend to Miyagi...

Kenma: Y/N...

Y/N looks at Kenma as he stares at her. This makes her heart beats faster.

Kenma: I want to do this... I came here not only because I want to win you back... I... need to see you...

Kenma looks down at his lap and he thinks about his days alone in his apartment. How he comes home to no one and the loneliness makes him even tired.

It's true going all the way to Miyagi is tiring, but, seeing her face shoo the fatigues away. Even when he's here, he never brings his game console and keeps on focusing on Y/N in his free time.

Y/N is happy that she could finally feel that he prioritizing her. She's kinda already forgotten about the hurtful things he said to her and already forgives him, but it's not only her forgiveness that he needs to get. Kenma needs to get the trust of the people who treasure Y/N, her parents.

Kenma: Y/N... I... will get their trust back... and... when the times come... please... let's get back together and come back with me...

Y/N's heart feels warmed by the words he says to her. The quiet and calm bot she loves back in high school now became more opens about his feelings for her.