Chapter 8

ELION:

I know Tauriel has no hope for her purpose, but I do. I fully intend on winning back Mirkood if it's the last thing I do. She deserves this. After all she has done to mend, protect, and bless Mirkwood and its subjected people, she deserves help.

And I will not stare blindly and let the orc kin over run even more of our land.

Tauriel and I start through the forest, each of our hands on some kind of weapon. "Just this way." Tauriel mutters. I nod and we continue on.

"So, why are you helping me?" She finally asks, breaking the silence. "Because I admire you, Tauriel. You put yourself in danger to help me, fully knowing the consequences. Now I will put myself in danger to help you."

Her eyes drop to the ground as her auburn hair bounces upon her shoulders. "You do not need to repay me. I was just doing what I thought was best."

"And now I am doing what I think is best." She offers me a warm smile. "Thank you, Elion."

--

"Tauriel!" A voice from among the forest screams.

Her eyes flicker around the surrounding area, searching for the cause of the noise. Then her name was called again. Then she stops in her tracks. "Legolas." Then she dashes off into the woods.

LEGOLAS:

She could he injured-- or dead.

I peel myself off the grassy surface and stumble towards a tree. I lean myself upon it, searching around for her. "Tauriel!" I call out. No response.

"Tauriel!" I say again, this time with more purpose.

Then I hear footsteps make their way towards me. My eyes dart around, only to meet her emerald green ones. I flash a smile.

"Legolas!" She charges towards me and gently pulls me in for an embrace. "Where have you been?" I manage to speak. "To get help."

I narrow my eyebrows and continue with the questions, but she just urges me to sit back down.

"Prince Legolas." I turn my direction to see Elion walking towards us. "Elion? What are you doing here?" I glance from Tauriel back to Elion.

"Tauriel came seeking help, and I couldn't stand by and watch your kingdom fall."

"You got an army?" His eyes drop and he shakes his head. "No."

"Then what are you speaking of? We cannot fight with no one by our side." I hiss out. Tauriel gets to her feet and joins Elion. "I assure you, Legolas, I have a plan."

"And why should I trust you?"

"Because I'm your only option."