Lover boy. 9

There was never a moment between Tommy and I where i was uncomfortable, not a moment where it didn't feel like we had a million things to say to each other. That being said, here we are now, awkwardly standing with nothing but silence between us.

"I'm scared if i say something, it'll ruin our friendship"

Tommy fixed his gaze at me and chuckled slightly.

"I'm afraid it's a little late to stay silent"

You know when they say that silence is loud, I never quite understand that. There was always noise, a tv, people talking in the distance, or even a breeze, there was always background noise. Except now. All i could hear were my own thoughts, no words, the streets were empty.

I tried my hardest not to look at Tommy, I instead studied my own feet, every feature of them, stains on my shoes that I had never noticed before, or how one was laced slightly tighter than the other.

But my attention was taken to my hand as Tommy's wrapped around it, now looking up at him, he had a smile spreading across his face.

"There is no reason for us to have to be silent with each other y/n"

Tommy's voice was soothing, quite calm.

"They would make a big deal out of it, probably drive us both insane. You know that"

Tommy looked at me and nodded.

"Let's give it two weeks"

I stay silent so Tommy knew to continue.

"We start dating, if the fans find out and it's too much to handle then we can figure out what to do from there"

He seemed so excited, like this was something he had wanted for a long time.

"I don't know, what if we can't work it out"

"There are going to be so many obstacles in our life that we are just going to have to work through y/n."

Both of my hands were now in his.

"But, as long as you're by my side I feel as if none of that matters. Because you'll be next to me by it all."

I didn't tell my body to move, not for a second did I even think to hug or comfort him. Yet my arms are around his neck and my cheek is pressed against his.

"Fine"

I said one word and he reacted as if I had given him the best news he had ever heard. He hugged me tight and held me for a second. "I love you y/n!" His voice echoed in the empty streets as he began to let go and his excitement began to fade.

"Do you mean that" I began to raise one eyebrow and furrow the other.

"I love you" he spoke again.

The feeling that someone gets when they know they're about to cry but they don't let it out. The stinging in the back of your throat, the way you can feel the water building up in the back of your eyes. I have never felt this way around Tommy before. I've never felt anything but happiness when I'm with him.

Just say it back

It is not as difficult as you're making it.

Say it.

Say it please.

"I should be getting back to the house soon, you know"

Dumb Bitch.

Tommy nodded, stood beside me and begin walking in the direction of our houses.

-

The walk was silent, we got to the split between our houses, I gave him and hug said goodbye and walked inside.

I didn't want to talk to Alyssa about this, not because I was embarrassed but because, well I don't know actually.

I opened and closed the door as quickly as possible, I sent a text to my uncle saying I was home and began to walk upstairs as quietly as possible. Somehow that wasn't enough because I heard Alyssa's door open and she began to walk in my direction. So as fast as I could I ran into my bedroom and shut and locked my door.

"What happened gosh"

It all settled on me in that moment, the deaths, the love, the friends I've made. I have a whole new life and neither of my parents will ever see it. I have a boy, who I'm crazy about who loves me and my dad will never be able to meet him. I have a best friend who loves cooking almost as much as my mom did and she'll never get to meet him. Fuck.

"He said I love you,a nd I said I had to go home"

I let it sit in the air for a moment before speaking again.

"I really don't want to talk about it this time , please"

I could tell Alyssa was trying to understand because she didn't try to give me advice or call me stupid like she would usually do.

"I'm right down the hall if you need me y/n" And with that she walked away.

I'll just figure it out in the morning. I thought to myself.

I turned on my back and stared at my ceiling, knowing I wouldn't be able to sleep for hours. That moment it didn't matter though, nothing really did.

ding

I rolled over to check my phone, and I didn't get anything I didn't already expect.

Big T
-I hope I didn't scare you away,if it was too much I understand.

y/n
We can talk about it in the morning okay?:)

Big T
-Okay:)

And with that, I was laying on my back once again, trying my hardest to shut my eyes and fall asleep.