10

"You'll have to talk to him eventually y/n" Alyssa said as she grabs the cereal from in front of me.

I put my hand up, flipping her off as she walks across the kitchen. "I don't have to do anything I don't want to do."

Alyssa continues poring herself a bowl of cereal as I twirl my spoon in the milk left in my bowl.

There's a knock on the door as Alyssa closes the fridge. She gives me a smile and walks over, opening the door. "Aw look at that, something you don't want to do." Alyssa smiled. "Come on in Tommy."

I groaned and pick up my bowl, walking over to the sink.

"Can we talk y/n" Tommy's voice is lower than usual.

I keep my back turned and wash my dish.

"I'll leave you two" Alyssa grabs a spoon and walks upstairs. I knew she was still listening, no matter what part of the house she was in.

"I feel like I kinda deserve an explanation" Tommy's uncomfortable. His hand is rubbing the back of his neck and he's avoiding eye contact.

He's right, he does.

I turn my body now facing Tommy directly. "Do you mind if we talk outside?" I give him a weak smile and he nods.

Ding

Alyssa<3

Booo:(

I knew she was listening.

I follow Tommy outside. Tommy sits down on one of the steps in front of me and I sit next to him.

"I want to give you an explanation and tell you why I freaked."

It was silent after I said that.

"Then tell me" Tommy breaks the silence

It feels like I'm trying to swallow a stone. "I can't. I-I mean I don't even know why I freaked. I want to love you, and I think I do. But I-" Tommy cuts me off by grabbing me and pulling me into a hug. His arms wrap around me and I go limp under his comfort.

Tears begin to flow out of my eyes as I attempt to grip at his shirt. "I love you y/n, and if that means giving you time, or bothering you everyday until you never want to talk to me again." I laugh slightly, whipping a few tears away. "I'm in y/n, I love you and all the shit you need to deal with." I wiping away the rest of my tears and rest my head on his shoulder.

"I do need to figure shit out." Tommy places his finger under my chin, tilting my head up to face him. "And I'm here if you need help."

I rest my head on Tommy's shoulder and he puts his arm around me. It's quiet for a moment as my eyes begin to clear up.

"I can't believe I just cried like that" a smirk spread across my face, Turing into a laugh as i realize how upset I had became over such a small thing.

I could tell Tommy couldn't tell what to do as his grip around me loosened. He straightened my posture so I was now facing him. We made eye contact and i cracked.

I began laughing non stop, i wasn't sure why but the situation was so uncommon for me. "I was so much cooler in America I need you to know that" I caught my breath has he began to smile at me.

"I thought you had gone mad for a moment" Tommy laughed at me.

-

A few hours later Tommy and I are still on my porch. Now sitting on the swing that decorated it.

"Do you ever miss living in America?" Tommy asked me.

I've lived in England for months.  Somehow getting by without talking about America a single time.

"It's almost like i left that life behind." I finally replied to him.

He stayed silent and nodded.

"I just left one day, i never reached out to anyone. No one reached out to me. I don't think I'm the same person I was."

"I miss it every single day, but i will never be nostalgic for it."

We were silent for a moment. Not an awkward silent. Just silent.

"What about your mom?" Tommy broke the silence.

I looked at Tommy then turned my head to look at the neighborhood. The sun was now setting.

"I miss her all the time"

I never talked about them, my parents. Being raised with no father nor a mother was something I could never have imagined doing. Something I never wanted to imagine doing.

"Do you think should would have liked me" Tommy pulled me out of thought, yet throwing me into another.

I've never thought about that, my parents approval, or disapproval for that matter.

"My mother would have adored you Tommy"

He smiled at me, and I smiled at him. "Father too" I added.

Tommy looked at me as if he had another question to ask. His mouth opened for a second but quickly shut again. He seemed to have second guessed whatever he was about to say.