Being One of The Inheritors - Part 11

...

The rest of the day went normally. I avoided talking or making eye contact with anyone. Especially Choi Young Do. I felt so stupid that I let him play me. He made me look so stupid in front of everyone. No wonder we were the center of attention the whole day.

I packed my stuff as soon as the last bell rang. Cha Eun Sang and Yoon Chan Young waved goodbye to me before exiting the class. The other kids left the classroom one by one until there were only me and Choi Young Do in the class.

I carried my backpack to leave while looking down to my phone. That was when Choi Young Do grabbed my arm from behind. I turned to look at him. He had the same expressionless look on his face but this time I could sense that there were also a hint of guilt, something that I've never seen in him before.

"Are you okay?" He asked me softly. I felt warmth in his voice. Also something that I've never felt before from him. I shook the feeling away. He couldn't get to me this time.

"Do I look okay? What do you want?" I asked him sternly.

"I just want to take you home. Is that wrong?" He asked while taking one step closer to me with his hands in his pockets. I can see that he was confused of my sudden change of behavior.

I admit that I was kinda intimidated when he stepped closer to me. He even had to lower his head to look at me since we were standing so close to each other now.

"No, thanks. I texted my driver. He's coming to pick me up," I replied while trying so hard not to tremble.

"Why did you that? I told you I'll be taking you to and home from school from now on," he said while stepping even closer to me. He had an angry look on his face and his eyebrows were wrinkled.

I couldn't hide how intimidated I was at that time. I stepped back to put some distance between us. However, that didn't stop him. He kept on stepping closer to me that he stepped on my shoes several times.

I kept moving backwards until my back hit the teacher's table that were at the front of the classroom. His face was just a few inches away from mine. I looked away from his face. I could try to move away but he rested his hands around me while holding on to the table.

I was getting scared. I couldn't predict what he was trying to do. I knew I was shaking like crazy between his arms.

"Please. I don't want any trouble," I said without even looking at him. I was trembling between his arms.

I kept on remembering about what those girls said to me in the bathroom. About me being a "target". I was still trying to figure out what they meant by that.

He lifted one of his hands that were resting on the table and cupped my cheek. I flinched hard as if it was his first time touching my face. I didn't even flinch during then.

He gently turned my face to look at him. I was closing my eyes the whole time. Once I opened them, he was looking at me with a very worried look. My face muscles involuntarily relaxed once I saw his face.

We stayed like that for a while until I feel that he was caressing my cheekbone with his thumb. I was still in the same position. Not moving at all. I didn't know what to do. It was like I was in some kind of a spell or something.

That was when he looked down to my lips. I slightly gasped as I know what he was trying to do. He managed to step closer to me even though we were already basically breathing the same air. My hands simultaneously went to his lower abdomen to stop him. That didn't stop him obviously. He leaned on one of his hands that was on the table again.

He looked into my eyes and back to my lips. His face was just half an inch away from me. I couldn't describe how much I was shaking. He ran his thumb that was on my cheekbone onto my lips.

His sight never left my lips. He ran his thumb onto my lips again before moving his lips closer to mine. He slowly shut his eyes while trying to meet my lips with his. I shut my eyes tightly without moving. I can feel his lips lightly touch mine. My heart was beating so fast that I swore I can hear it. I bet he can hear it too.

That was when, my phone started to ring very loudly. I screamed from the shock. Choi Young Do moved away from me too in exclamation.

We looked at each other for half a second before I picked up my phone. It was Mr. Lee calling me.

"Hello! Yes, I'm coming!" I answered quickly and hangs up the phone.

I looked at Choi Young Do one more time before turning to leave. He tried to grab my bag but he failed.

"Park Min Kyung!" He yelled. I flinched while still walking away, trying to ignore him.

I tried to not think about what just happened and kept on walking. I just wanted to go home as soon as possible.

I saw Mr. Lee waiting for me at the entrance of the school. I tried to smile at him when he sees me. I greeted him as soon as I enter the car.

"What happened to your boyfriend?" Mr. Lee asked me as the car was leaving the school compound. My eyes were widened in shock.

"Boyfriend? No, he's not my boyfriend," I answered while nervously chuckling.

That was when a motorbike swiftly drove passed us. That made us sit and stare for awhile. That definitely was Choi Young Do.

"Wasn't that him?" Mr. Lee asked while pointing to the motorbike that just passed us.

"Yeah. He got somewhere that he has to be," I lied. Mr. Lee just nodded and continued to focus on the road.

I sighed in relief that there were no other questions from him. I sat back while trying to relax while hoping that we won't ran into Choi Young Do at the hotel again.

...

Author's note: I will be editing the story a lot. You can just read it from where you left off since the storyline won't change.