Being One of The Inheritors - Part 2

...

I woke up from my deep slumber as soon as the morning sun shines through my hotel window. There were a lot of things that I need to get done today. I really hope that I could manage to get them all done. It was my first time doing these kind of important things on my own. Since my parents were not here to guide me along the way.

I took a shower and got dressed to go run my errands. I put on a comfortable casual attire before heading out. As soon as I was done getting ready, I called Mr. Lee to come pick me up. I went down to wait for him in the lobby.

I was just playing with my phone while waiting in the lobby. Then, I noticed a guy in a fancy school uniform coming out of the elevator. He was tall and he got this stern look on his face. He caught me staring at him and I immediately looked back down towards my phone.

He looked away and passed by me before exiting the building. I looked out and saw him entering a big black car that he doesn't drive himself. The car pulled out of the driveway while I was still couldn't help but stare at the guy in the backseat.

I stopped staring as soon as I realized Mr. Lee pulling up to the hotel's compound. I got up and went to the car and Mr. Lee took me to my first destination to run my first errand.

The first thing that I decided to do was register into my new school. I was told to go to the Empire High School. It seems to be one of the best elite schools in Seoul. It was where all the inheritors of big business owners goes to school.

I went to look for the school office as soon as I arrived at the school. Once I got there, I could see all the rich kids arriving in the school's driveway in big luxury cars. That made me wonder if I ever was going to fit in with everyone and the environment at the school.

I met with the respective person to register myself. I was attending the school with a scholarship.

My parents started a small business outside of Korea because of the economic conditions in Korea back then. Luckily, their business expanded well there so now my parents decided to open up a new branch in Korea so that we can live here again.

Basically, that was the whole reason why I spent most of childhood outside of Korea. They made me come here earlier so I won't be too far left behind because the semester has already started. While they were also settling some stuff regarding their business before coming here.

After my school registration was settled, I went to buy my school uniforms. I'm lucky that I was on a scholarship to attend the school. I couldn't imagine how much the school fee was gonna cost since the school uniform only costs exactly $1000. I used the credit card that my parents gave me to pay for the uniform.

As soon as I was done with all of my errands for the day, Mr. Lee took me to have dinner. He took me to a seafood restaurant close to the hotel. He opened the car door for me and let me out.

"Here's the best seafood restaurant here, Ms. Park. Enjoy your dinner. Just come out whenever you're done," Mr. Lee said to me.

"Wait! What will you be doing?" I asked him with a questioning look.

"I'll be out here, miss. Don't worry," he replied.

"Have you eaten? Would you like to have dinner with me?" I asked him.

"No, it's okay miss. I'm fine. You go on ahead," he replied.

"Please, I insist. Have dinner with me. It's boring to have dinner alone anyway," I said.

After a moment of convincing Mr. Lee, he finally agreed to have dinner with me. Maybe it's not common for a driver to have dinner with their boss. Well, he needs to get used to it now since it's more uncomfortable for me to eat alone in a restaurant while he waits out here for me.

After dinner, Mr. Lee drove me back to my hotel. I thanked him and exited the car. I walked up to the front door of the hotel.

Then, I heard a loud engine sound coming up from behind me. I looked back and see a person riding on a motorbike coming up onto the hotel's driveway.

He got off his motorbike and took off his helmet. It was the guy that I saw this morning. He passes his helmet and keys to a man wearing the hotel's uniform. He walked to the hotel entrance that I was standing in front of while fixing his hair.

As soon he was getting closee to me, I immediately looked to the front and walked in the hotel entrance. I went to the elevator and saw that he was also going to the same direction as me.

I pressed the elevator button. I got in when the elevator opened and so did he. I reached out my hand to press my floor button which was the 15th floor. As my hand was almost halfway to the button, his hand was also reaching for the same floor button as mine. I glanced to him and put my hand back down. I looked away when he looked at me. He pressed the button for us.

"15th floor huh? You must be pretty good," I heard him say.

I looked up to him. He was not even looking at me when he was saying that. I just ignored his comment. However, I didn't quite catch what he meant by ' pretty good'.

The elevator arrived at our floor. He got off first because I let him.

"See you around then," he said before getting off the elevator.

He went to the left, the direction that I was supposed to take also because that was where my room was at. I let him go first because I didn't want to accidentally bump into him again.

I managed to get into my hotel room safely without any unwanted encounters. I immediately threw myself on the bed. I was so freaking tired. I didn't even do much yet today but I'm already so exhausted. I couldn't imagine myself surviving when my regular days actually starts.

...

Author's note: I will be editing the story a lot. You can just read it from where you left off since the storyline won't change.