Being One of The Inheritors - Part 7

...

Choi Young Do was driving way too fast and I was kinda enjoying it. It has been my dream to have my own motorbike. Just to feel the rush of riding it. It would send chills all over my body.

Without thinking much, I rest my head on Choi Young Do's back. The full face helmet was just so heavy I guess. Then, I found myself tightening my arms around his waist. I smiled to myself because I was just enjoying myself to much.

I didn't know where we were going. We have reached somewhere I've never even been before. My head was still on his back until I felt the motorbike stopped. I lifted up my head from his back but my arms were still around him.

"Where are we?" I asked.

He didn't answer and just got off the bike. I pulled my hands away from around him. He held out his hands to help me get down from his bike. I gladly took it.

"Where are we, Choi Young Do?" I asked him again, hoping I would finally get an answer from him.

"Let's go in," he said before turning his back towards me and walked foward towards this door of what looked like some kind of studio. I followed him in after he punched in the code on the front door.

Yeah, I was right. It was a studio. There were bookshelves, drying pictures on lines and also a set couches. I was looking around the studio when I heard someone greeted us loudly.

"Hey, man!" He said to Choi Young Do before giving him a bro hug. I was guessing that he may be around our age.

"Who is this?" He asked Choi Young Do while motioning to me.

"New girl from my class," Choi Young Do answered and laid himself down on one of the long couches.

"I'm Park Min Kyung," I introduced myself and put my hand out for a handshake.

He gladly took my hand.

"Hi, I'm Jo Myung Soo," he said while shaking my hand. "So, you're new to our school?" he proceeded to ask me.

"Yeah. You go to Empire High School as well?" I asked him. I didn't recognize him since I've only attended the school for less than a week only.

"Yes, I do. I've heard about you actually but I was unable to give you a proper introduction of the most popular boy in school yet," he replied with a playful smile.

I chuckled and looked at the photos that were on the lines.

"Did you take all these photos?" I asked him while admiring the photos.

"Yeah. I love taking photos. That's pretty much all that I do," he said with a smile.

"It's so cool. I've never seen anything like this before," I said while still admiring the photos.

I looked over to Choi Young Do who was still laying on the couch. He had his eyes closed with his arm resting on his forehead. I went over him and sat on one of the single couches.

"Hey, any reason why we are here?" I asked.

He opened his eyes and glanced to me for a second before returning to his original postion.

"I didn't know where else to take you," he said halfheartedly.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"I just wanted to take you on my motorbike," he said with his eyes still closed.

"Why?" I asked again.

He switched to lay on his side and looked at me dead in my eyes.

"Cause I know you would love it," he said to me sternly. That made me froze. I just stared at him afterwards, stunned by what he said.

"Woahhh, so you're the next lucky one!" Myung Soo broke the silence. We both darted our eyes towards him.

"You know that you're the second girl to ever get a ride on Young Do's motorbike?" He added.

"Shut up, Myung Soo!" Choi Young Do said to him angrily.

I looked over to Choi Young Do again but I didn't say anything. He was looking down to his feet, avoiding making eye contact with me. Then he finally looked up to me.

"Do you want to go someplace else?" He asked me. His voice was so gentle. So warm. So.. different. Not how I've always heard it.

It took me a while to answer. I couldn't force the words out of my mouth so I just nodded.

Choi Young Do stood up and grabbed my hand. He pulled me to the stairs towards the exit. I looked over to Myung Soo. He was just staring at us as we were leaving. I didn't get to say goodbye to him since Choi Young Do was pulling me out of the building so fast.

Choi Young Do handed me the helmet that I was wearing. He got on the bike first and helped me get on afterwards by letting out his hand for me to grab. We were so in synced that it felt like we're already used to riding the bike together.

I put my hands around him without him asking me to. I could sense that he was shocked by my actions because he stopped whatever he was doing to look down to where my hands were.

He started the bike and drove away from there. Once again, I'm not sure where we're going but I was surprisingly fine with it.

...

Author's note: I will be editing the story a lot. You can just read it from where you left off since the storyline won't change.