dinner dates [viii]

this work is copyright hyuckles-chuckles 2020, all rights reserved — that means you may not post, upload or translate my work without my permission. cross-posted from my tumblr (hyuckles-chuckles) and ao3 (hyuckles_chuckles).

 cross-posted from my tumblr (hyuckles-chuckles) and ao3 (hyuckles_chuckles)

The next few weeks with Mark was a paradise.

Your apartment living situation went back to how it usually was, only you would find yourself with Mark more often than before. If he was busy in his room, you would do your own thing in there as well — and he would do the same thing in your room. When you cooked in the kitchen, he would always be at your side trying to help or just there to taste what you had made. You would always cuddle into his body if he was watching TV or playing video games with his friends.

And on top of that, at the end of most days you would end up in one of your beds. Everything just felt right with Mark — well, most things.

"You're going to catch feelings," Jungeun said through your earphones as you walked around the store.

"No, I'm not," you scoffed as you placed items in your cart.

"You've already caught feelings, huh?"

"Of course I have!" you tell her, receiving weird looks from the shoppers around you. "He's so cute, how could I not?"

"Well, from what I've seen of you two, you're both really cute."

Before quarantine, you and Mark never really hung out — especially if either of your friends were there. But since you had become friendlier with him, you began to add him in your daily Snapchat to your friends and since Jungeun was your best friend, you sent even more to her. So, her impression of you both was purely based on what you told her and sent to her.

"Yeah, but I don't know about Mark," you sadly explained to her.

"(Y/N), there's no way you two are having sex everyday and Mark hasn't caught feelings for you either."

"But he told me to forgot about it at first—"

"Maybe he didn't know what he wanted."

"But then he teased me," you whispered, scared that people may overhear your conversation with your friend over the phone and think weird things.

"Because he couldn't control himself," Jungeun sweetly said to you. "Love, I'm sure if you have a conversation with Mark instead of jumping his bones, he would be willing to start whatever you want with him."

"What if I want more than he wants?" you asked her as you headed to the register with your supply of groceries.

"Well, then he's a dumbass," she giggled as you took your bags and went straight to Mark's car that he let you use whenever it was your turn to go shopping. "And I don't think he's a dumbass."

"What do you mean by that?" you asked her, pulling your facemask down as you sat in the driver's seat.

"Just talk to Mark when you get home, okay?" You told her you would, driving back to your apartment with your groceries. As soon as you entered your apartment, you could smell something come from the kitchen as music blared through the room.