five.

˚ ༘ 𝕿𝐖𝐎 𝕲𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐒 彡
꒰‧⁺ ⇢ ❝ 𝒞𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 ℱ𝙸𝚅𝙴 ¡! ❞ ˊˎ
- ̗̀ ๑❪( ◌⁺ ˖˚ ಿ  no man's land.

˚ ༘ 𝕿𝐖𝐎 𝕲𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐒 彡꒰‧⁺ ⇢ ❝ 𝒞𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 ℱ𝙸𝚅𝙴 ¡! ❞ ˊˎ- ̗̀ ๑❪( ◌⁺ ˖˚ ಿ  no man's land

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

    𝕸𝑶𝑹𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑺𝑶𝑶𝑵 𝑪𝑨𝑴𝑬,   GLARING DOWN ON THE SOLDIERS SUFFERING TO ITS LURID CAUSES AS THEY TWITCHED IN THEIR TENTS. Raymond Fossum forbade the land of the living for as long as he could, but it soon caught up to him when he listened to the demanding calls of service that awaited him as a ruckus awoke the camp - he included as a voice spoke from within the tent.

"Alright, guys! Let's move out!" It was Bucky, speaking directly to Raymond and Gabe - seeing as Dum Dum was elsewhere getting prepared; being a commanding Corporal needed for today. This left the Barnes boy as his trusty second-in-command, also indicating he held accountability for waking everyone up - including his two tent-mates.

Raymond heard Gabe moan from the furthest side of the tent as he followed the given orders, leaving Raymond lounging alone. A fraction of him threw around the idea of playing dead and hope for the best in his mind until he gave attention to a pair of feet halted beside him.

"Come on, Ray." Mercifully, his friend gave him the pleasure of being awakened to a softer tone of voice. Bucky tilted his head to a better angle on his face to look at the boy, smiling sadly. "We've got to go."

"Five more minutes."

"Whilst a war is going on?" Barnes sniggered at him, patting his leg in a gentle gesture for him to get up. "Sorry, Ray. Not today."

The Fossum boy groaned, his muscles stiff and out of order as he got up. Rubbing his eyes, they blinked open to see a blurry shadow of a person; soon focusing to reveal a smiling Bucky Barnes. "Hey, sleepyhead."

The young man groaned in a comeback, hearing his friend chuckle before opening his hand to assist him up. He took it thankfully, ignoring the sensation of feathers tickling the delicate parts of his gut in the minor touch. "Thanks."

Bucky just smiled and brushed his fingers over his shoulder as he went to wander in the direction of the additional tents. "No problem. Get dressed. We're moving out on the first sign of light."

Huffing, Raymond waddled around the tent, grabbing his dad's compass that he had been admiring last night and making sure it was safely secured in his knapsack; double-checking its home in case any rips decided to make an appearance during his trip to battle.

Battle; the word like a sour lemon stuck on his tongue. It all still felt surreal, but in the strangest way possible. To be honest, he would have guessed that sensation to be planted by his selfishness towards the whole affair. His country, though involved, was merely just an alliance to some; and a menace to others, yet Raymond couldn't tell you one thing about any of his friends and foes other than what history-making required of him.