01・willow

♪( 'θ`)ノ warning- slight spoiler

・3rd pov

A youthful, warm-toned hand grasped the light of the sun with her fist, subtly gaining visions of memories from the unknown body she now catered as her own.

The young baby's puzzled expression slowly turned her head towards an amethyst-eyed woman who wore an enigmatic smile, carrying her way towards whatever they were both heading to.

"It seems you've woken up," The brunette woman cooed at the child in her arms as she gently caressed the baby's soft raven locks, "As soon as I step into this orphanage with you in my arms, you're officially part of my family little one."

The young girl would've responded, but how could she? She was a literal deceased teenager inside a baby's body who is all of a sudden heading in an orphanage while being carried by a super pretty woman that's now her so-called mom.

Her life is seriously out of control.

Without showing any signs of blabbering nor any more movements, the woman carrying her could only sigh— whether it was distress or relief, the girl couldn't tell.

After a few more strides to their destination they were both met with the entrance of the orphanage, with a delicate push the door creaked open revealing a modest hallway with not many things hanging on the wall.

The corridor itself didn't have anything striking to describe about, it was just a creamy beige wall with a thick and dark wooden border around.

The echoes of children laughing and talking reached the baby's ears, making her wince at the sudden change of sound. Though it went noticed by the woman, she didn't bother doing a thing as she continued to walk through hallways of the orphanage towards a well-lit dining room.

The room was filled to the brim with children of all ages wearing similar white uniforms, but none of them were nowhere older than thirteen, the girl noticed.

The brunette cleared her throat, getting everybody's attention, "Hello, my lovely children!"

A series of 'hello's and 'good morning's were returned, which made the woman who carried the girl smiled softly, "We have a new sibling in our family, children."

"Meet Willow."

To put it straight, Willow was confused.

She couldn't talk. If she tried her lips would only release unintelligible babbles since her body has yet to develop any teeth. This meant she wouldn't be able to communicate those around her to sustain her confusion.

With a few more theories and observing the crib she was in, she finally concluded that she transported into another body in an orphanage. Specifically, Grace Field.

It was surprising, yes, but the ravenette took it well. It wasn't like she missed her family, but to be transported in a body of a baby who will soon grow up to become a flesh of food for demons to feed on isn't really pretty.

Was she sad? No. Was she befuddled? Extremely.

Her previous life wasn't a pretty one, the only recollection that stood out the strongest from her vague memories was piling books of all kind in her family library. Mathematics, Languages, History, Biology, Fine Arts, anything around the studies of the brain was mostly likely in the girl's list of books-to-be-read.

You see, Willow's old family took pride in their knowledge as they only expect the best out of their children when it came to their academic intelligence. Willow wasn't an exception towards their standards.