Can't Sleep

Based on a prompt I found online: It's late at night and you can't sleep since Aryia is constantly on your mind. You are about to confront him about your feelings in his bedroom, only to find him stood outside your door. I hope you guys enjoy my first AryiaXReader imagine! 😊

Warnings: Language

-

You rolled over onto your side to check your alarm clock - 4am.

'Fuck.' You thought, turning back to the TV mounted on your wall so that you could continue binge-watching Netflix. Though you weren't really paying attention to the screen. All that you could think about was him.

This had become an almost nightly occurrence. Every night you would either be unable to go to sleep and stay up into the early hours of the morning, or randomly wake up in the middle of the night because you were thinking about him so much. Your roommate and crush, Aryia Emrani.

<<<

You had been a good friend of Cassie's since you went to high school with her in Kansas and had moved out to LA to pursue your dream in music, reconnecting with your old friend and moving in with her and Reggie for a couple of months before they announced that they would be moving in with their friends Kévin and Aryia. Having only met up with the girls of the group, you were excited to meet new people, so agreed to their proposition of moving in to the fan-labelled "KRAC House". You hadn't met either of the before housing with them - having been quite busy and productive with your music career - but the moment you did, you instantly felt a connection between yourself and the other musician.

Before moving in, Cassie had suggested that you should listen to some of Aryia's music, as it could help you with your own and when you did, you felt something click almost instantly. You weren't sure what it was about his songs - whether it was the rhythm of the backing track, the sound of his voice or the lyrics that he had written - but there was definitely something there. Something that inspired you to want to get to know him better. Everything about each song was beautiful and you wanted to ask him what inspired him so much when you first met him. But seeing him face-to-face made you feel somewhat different. Not a bad kind of different though, rather, seeing him just made you even more eager to get to know him.

...

After moving into the KRAC House, you began to find it difficult to concentrate on your work. Sure, you now had a studio to work in - meaning no noise complaints from your neighbors - but sharing it with Aryia became somewhat tedious.

It seemed as though you liked the idea of him working on songs a little too much, as you would always go back inside to think of a new bass tab or drum solo whenever you spotted him through the window. You felt like you would be invading his space if you entered the studio when he was working on a new song, so you made sure to give him as much time and space as he needed when working on a new project.

You definitely felt differently towards him compared to everyone else, and the more you hung out with him, the more those feelings grew. Until eventually, you finally realized that you were in love with him.

...

Recently he'd been going out a lot at night, meaning you could take a few trips into the studio to create your own music. Though in the back of your mind, you always thought that he was going out to hook up with random girls or get drunk as opposed to walking Ronnie and thinking of lyrics to his latest creations; though at this point you were unaware that he had been sober for almost an entire year and it wasn't until Kévin had told you this that you had realized you might have misjudged your roommate.

You always felt tension in the room whenever he was there though. But in spite of this, you were drawn to him like a magnet. Especially every time he smiled.