let's just orbit each other for a while.

A/N: Although I've made it clear that I'd only post chaptered fics on Wattpad, this one-shot is special to me. I wrote this with Shuhua in mind, including some of my own personal thoughts on the things I've seen and read about her.

Again, this is a work of fiction and just my interpretation of Shuhua's character. By no means does this reflect who she is in real-life nor her actual personality, please separate fanfiction from reality. Enjoy.

In the daytime, I get to debate myself

And quiet all the evil things I say like;

"Everybody hates you,"

"People miss the old you,"

"They hate everything that they all changed you into."

Snow Globe : by Waterparks

Shuhua hates showing weakness.

She has never liked it. Always refused to let other people see her tears whenever she was sad or frustrated, or the anxiety flooding her face whenever she was scared or nervous. Feelings aren't easy to admit or express sometimes, because it's hard being exposed and vulnerable. The Taiwanese believes that letting her feelings show only burdens others, and one of the last things she wants is to be a burden to anyone.

That's the main reason why Shuhua continues to suffer in silence.

She's no different from the rest of (G)I-DLE, or maybe she is. Maybe it's even worse than usual with the girls because it's already so difficult being the weakest link among them. Of being the laser-target of all these criticisms online from netizens and even fans alike as they relentlessly grind Shuhua beneath their heels like a doormat, which only intensified after their latest comeback in January.

Reading the comments now feels like a court date, and Shuhua is left standing before the jury as they make their verdict.

What's her significance to the group anyway? Does she even contribute to their projects?

All she ever does is go on VLives and just fool around on camera. She doesn't help with the songwriting or production.

It's been more than three years already, and she barely improved beyond her dancing. Even then, it's average at best. She's a sub vocalist, right? Don't they have vocal coaches?

She can't even hold a stable note to save her life. Compared to the other girls, her voice is still kinda mediocre. No wonder Shuhua gets the least parts and is always put as the backing vocals in their songs. She's just not a decent singer.

Why did she debut in the first place, then? She clearly isn't ready to be an idol yet.

Shuhua is just a pretty face with a personality. Other than that, she's really not a good performer. Even the members overshadow her onstage.