Chapter Eight

"Maya." You whispered into your sleeping girlfriend's ear.
She groaned, pulling you closer in her sleep.
"Maya baby. Time to wake up." You bit her ear gently.
"I don't wanna." She mumbled.
"I wanna go to the beach. Don't you wanna see me in the red bikini again?"
Maya opened her eyes quickly, and you laughed at her.

"What, are tits and ass the key to waking you up?" You joked, getting out of bed.
"No, just my beautiful girlfriend." She said smiling at you.

You threw on one of Maya's t shirts and your bathing suit bottoms.
"I'm gonna go wake up Vic. I wanna go grab breakfast before we go."
You walked out, and ran up the stairs to her bedroom.

You turned the corner and bumped into someone, "Shit sorry V- Jackson?" You stared at your brother.
"Shh! Vic's finally sleeping." He whispered.
You led him downstairs and made him sit in one of the chairs, "Explain." You said crossing your arms over your chest.

"Why don't you explain those marks on your neck. I'm the big brother." He said with a smile.

"Shut up. I'm more mature."
"Are not!"
"I am too!"

"Whoa whoa what's going on here?" Maya said walking out of the bedroom.
"Maya this is my stupid brother I was telling you about." You said rolling your eyes.
"Hi. Maya Bishop. Nice to meet you." She said shaking his hand.
"Jackson Avery."
"Wait. Jackson if you're here who has my cat?" You said panicking.
"Don't worry, Lexie has her."

"Good. Now explain what you were doing in our friends room?" You continued.
"She asked me to come. I didn't have anything going on this weekend so I figured why not."

"Just don't hurt her. Or I'll tell Catherine."
"Wait who's Catherine?" Maya asked, going into defensive mode.
"His mother. My god mother."
"You wouldn't dare." He said narrowing his eyes.
"Bet."
"I don't have any plans on hurting her. But we just started talking."

"Okay. I guess you can hang out with us. I missed you." You said hugging him.
"I missed you too. I'm starving though. I need food." He said.
"Go wake up Vic and we'll go grab something to eat."

He walked out of the room and you wrapped your arms around Maya.
"He seems nice." She said.
"He is. He's just big headed."

She gave you a kiss, and you pulled her body in closer.
"Don't get that started, or I'll have breakfast in bed." She whispered against your lips.
"Hmm. Maybe dessert in bed."

Vic and Jackson came walking down the stairs, "You two had fun last night." She said, pointing to your neck.

"Shut up."
"Seriously though. Be careful with the team around." Vic told them.
"Do your co workers not know about you two?" Jackson asked.
"No. We're technically not allowed to be in a relationship." Maya told him.
"We'll eventually tell them. Just not right now." You said taking Maya's hand.

"I'm starving. Let's go eat." Vic said.

You all piled in Jackson's car as he drove you to the nearest breakfast place.

"God I love Waffle House." You said.
"I like food." Maya told you.
"Of course you do. Maya eats whatever is set in front of her." Vic joked.

You all went inside and grabbed a table.
You put your hand on Maya's thigh as you two looked through the menu.
"So, Maya. How did you meet my sister?" Jackson asked.
"At the Emerald City bar across the street from the hospital." Maya said, smiling at you.

"You're drinking again?" Jackson asked you.
"Yes. Not much. Drop it." You told him.
Maya looked between you and him, her eyebrows furrowed.

The waitress came up, and took your orders.
"Excuse me." You got up and walked to the bathroom.

You stood with your hands on the sink, head looking down.
You heard the door open, and saw Maya's reflection in the mirror.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah. I'm just tired of my brothers big ass mouth." You said.
"What's wrong. Talk to me." She gently grabbed your arms and turned you to face her.
"I went a little off the edge when my dad died. Nothing serious. I was just drinking too much. I never went to work drunk, or drove drunk. I was just filling the time that I wasn't doing something. Jackson made me stop, and I told him I wouldn't drink anymore."

"See? That wasn't so bad. You're doing great baby. You hardly ever drink. I'm proud of you," she gave you a peck on the lips.
"I would've just liked to tell you that stuff instead of him running his mouth." You said annoyingly.
"I know. But he means well. C'mon. Come back to the table with me."

The two of you walked back and sat down, you glared at Jackson.
"Hey, c'mon I'm sorry. I didn't know. I won't say anything else. I promise." Jackson told you.
"Fine. But remember, I know all your dirty secrets too." You warned him.

The waitress came over and dropped everyone food off.

An hour later, you all had eaten and paid.
"I need a nap now. I'm so full." Vic said, hopping in the passenger seat of Jackson's car.

"Hey, we'll meet you at the house. We're gonna walk back." Maya told them.

Jackson and Vic said their goodbyes, and drove off.

You and Maya started walking down the road to the house, holding hands.
"My middle name is Elizabeth. My favorite color is red. You already know my favorite movie. I can't sleep with the door open, it freaks me out." Maya rambled on.
"What are you doing?" You asked laughing.
"I'm telling you everything about me. I know a lot about you. But I haven't told you about me."

"I know that you're a beautiful, wonderful, smart, strong woman. Who had made me feel better than I have in a long time."
"God, I got so lucky with you." Maya said squeezing your hand.
"I'm the lucky one baby."