Chapter One

Ronan turned on his BMW's radio. "Squash one, squash two-"

"Ronan, for the love of god!" Adam shouts, reaching over to end the song, bumping Ronan's elbow in the process.

"Watch it, Parrish, or we'll be in the ditch." Grimacing, Ronan turns his radio back on, switching the station to Irish bagpipes. Adam frowns, but doesn't protest.

"Where did you say we we're going, again?" Adam picks at a scab on his elbow absentmindedly, glancing up at Ronan for an answer.

Ronan shoots him a sideways glance over his sunglasses. "The Barns. I need to look for a few things in the dream room." Ronan furrows his brow. Ever since Blue and Adam had broken up, he and Ronan had been spending more and more time alone with one another.

Cheeks flushing slightly, Ronan shifts in his seat as he turns onto the road that will take them up the mountain.

Adam senses the change in atmosphere. "Something the matter?" he asks, looking out his window down the mountain at the valley below. Henrietta really is a beautiful place, Adam thought.

Ronan replies quickly. "Shut the hell up, Parrish. I'm trying to drive." He grips the steering wheel tighter as they make their way around the narrow and winding mountain roads.

"Whatever you say," Adam replies, deciding to drop the subject.