Chapter 2

When they land near the banks of Ruoshi river, Ye Hua takes a step towards the Celestial soldiers only to be held back by Bai Qian. "Ye Hua, wait. I have the spell to defeat Qing Cang." Ye Hua faces her as Bai Qian waves her hand to make a privacy barrier and cast the spell to transfer her Shifu's knowledge over to her fiancé. Once done, they moved towards the Celestial soldiers behind the shield that was protecting them from the hellfire released sporadically by the bell. Together, Ye Hua and Bai Qian strengthened the protective shield over the Celestials, including Di Jun and Feng Jiu before flying over to the bell to end Qing Cang once and for all. "Ah Mo Yuan and Si Yin. I have waited seventy thousand years for this moment. Today is the day you both die." Bai Qian snorted, "Quite the contrary Qing Cang. My shifu may not be here to see you to your doom but the Crown Prince and I will ensure you never get a second chance at destroying the world!" As they glide up to the bell side by side with a protection barrier around their bodies, Ye Hua and Bai Qian simultaneously put their arms together, fold their fingers and chant the spell. Bursts of hellfire release from the bell as Qing Cang fought against the spell and was finally able to escape the from his prison inside the bell before the final syllable to the chant was cast. Ye Hua and Bai Qian were forced to fly back and draw their swords as Qing Cang emerged from inside the bell while summoning his Halbred. Adding his dead children's cultivation to his own, Qing Cang wielded his Halbred and charged towards two. Ye Hua's Crown Prince training ensured that his elite fighting skills were the best. Bai Qian's fighting skills learned from Bai Zhen as well as Kunlun mountain also made her a very powerful and formidable opponent. Together, their sword maneuvers and powerful magic spells brought Qing Cang spiralling down to the banks of the Ruoshi river, bloodied, weak and defeated on his knees. Deciding to follow the Nine Heavens protocol, Ye Hua said, "Qing Cang, you have been defeated. Surrender of your own free will and no further harm will come to you and your people." Heaving and spitting out blood, Qing Cang replied, "Over the last seventy thousand years, I have worked tirelessly to bind my soul to the Bell of the East Emperor. If I die from wanting to become the Skylord of the all the realms, everyone dies with me!" Laughing maniacally, Qing Cang tries to stand as he draws his last breath before falling to the ground, with eyes wide open and a lifeless body. Suddenly, the bell begins to rise up in the air and expands, sucking and anything and everything inside the vacuum of doom. With no choice but to follow what her Shifu did before, Bai Qian raises her hand and takes flight towards to the bell, prepared to sacrifice one hundred forty thousand years of her immortal life to save the realms once again, as she had tried to do three hundred years ago. As she ascends, she feels an inescapable vice-like grip around her preventing her from going further up. Instead she feels herself being drawn back to the banks of the river as she unsuccesfully tries to wrench herself free from the grip. As her feet touch the ground, Bai Zhen's arms snake around her protectively as Ye Hua then takes flight. "No, Ye Hua!!!" Ignoring Bai Qian's plea to stop and come back, Ye Heads straight to the mouth of the bell, silencing its destructive cry forever.

The blinding white light that surrounded them rendered everyone at the sight blind for a moment. As the light dissipated, Bai Qian was able to remove the spell and flew up the sky in search of Ye Hua and after a few minutes of flying in the air and scouting for his body, Bai Zhen and several Celestial soldiers joined in. As the minutes turned to hours, the Crown Prince- after having made the ultimate sacrifice to save the realms- seems to have disappeared forever. Inconsolable with her grief at having lost the love of her life, Bai Zhen escorted his sister and niece back to Qing Qiu and Di Jun with the remaining Celestial soldiers cloud jump back to the Nine Heavens to inform the Skylord about his grandson's heroic deed.

As the immortals depart from the river that has been ravaged by battles, the bells of Kunlun begin to toll.