Chapter 3

Yanhua Cave, Qing Qiu

Unbeknownst to Zhe Yan and Bai Zhi, who later arrived to bring his old friend dinner and a fresh pot of tea, the soul gathering lamp already had every piece that Mo Yuan needed to wake up and bring back his former self- the stoic, calm, responsible, just, and celibate keeper of peace among the realms. 

But with the trouble at Ruoshi river, where dust clouds of the war can be seen as far as Qing Qiu, he chose to kept his primordial spirit still, refusing to take his first breath until the Bell of the East Emperor is destroyed through Ye Hua.

Bai Zhi and Zhe Yan are now quietly playing a game of Go when the white light from the destruction of the bell reached even the recesses of Yan Hua cave.  Both high gods stood up in surprise and looked at each other, afraid to think how the battle has affected the three who left to see to Qing Cang's destruction. 

It was Zhe Yan who first spoke.  "Brother, I know you are worried.  I am too.  But we have both spent enough time training with Zhen Zhen and Xiao Wu to know that are more than capable of defending themselves.  And with Ye Hua fighting alongside them, I am sure Qing Cang has been defeated.  Why don't we wait for a few more hours and then we'll go to Ruoshi river if we don't hear from them."

"Alright, Zhe Yan.  I should be able to feel if anything untoward happens to any of my children wherever they are.  Although I sense that their thoughts are in turmoil, they are well and alive."

So the two high gods resume their game of Go, talking quietly while waiting for news from Bai Zhen, Xiao Wu, and Ye Hua.  Unseen to both, a piece of soul that had been missing from Mo Yuan since he was declared God of War and Master of Kunlun by Fuji, traveled from Ruoshi river to Qing Qiu's Yan Hua cave and has finally attached itself to Mo Yuan. 

The body that had been lying down motionless on the soft plush dais at Yan Hua cave began to come alive.  Blood that had been dormant but still teeming with life thanks to Bai Qian's fox blood, started to slowly flow on all the veins and arteries.  The heart began to slowly but surely pump blood on all the organs of the body, waking them up after seventy thousand years of stillness.

Zhe Yan looked at Mo Yuan, sensing some movement from his body.  "Bai Zhi, Mo Yuan is about to wake up." 

They both approach the dais, one on each side of Mo Yuan, to give Zhe Yan enough space to use his magic to check on their brother and friend.  Zhe Yan's arms raised forward and moved parallel across Mo Yuan's body, checking the alignment of all the soul pieces that attached themselves to Mo Yuan's body.  He also made sure that every organ was functioning and every blood vessel had no blockage to stop the distribution of blood and nutrients that would give his friend some trouble in the future.

"Bai Zhi, when Mo Yuan wakes up, he will be very weak even though Ye Hua gave him his cultivation.  You and I will need to give a little of our now to make sure he will be well enough to take on the onslaught of what is to come after everyone finds out that War God is back before he goes into seclusion to make sure he recovers his lost cultivation."

Bai Zhi nods, and both high gods push their hands towards Mo Yuan, transferring a little of their own cultivation to help him finally take his first breath.