Chapter 9

When Zhe Yan arrived at Kunlun, Mo Yuan was finalising the details of the list of things that needed to be turned over to Die Feng and the rest of his disciples as he prepares to leave for his talk with Qian Qian at Mount Junji. Supplies to replenish Kunlun have already been coordinated with Qing Qiu and were due to arrive any time today. Future visitors will also be hosted by Die Feng in Mo Yuan's absence with the agreed excuse that the Master of Kunlun is in seclusion and will not be available for a while unless it was a matter of urgency, in which case Die Feng  would seek out Bai Zhen who knew where to find him. The plans for the renovation of Mo Yuan's residential suite to accommodate his family at Kunlun have also been finalised and will soon start construction as soon as Mo Yuan heads out to seek Qian Qian.
Die Feng was just leaving Mo Yuan's study when Zhe Yan entered. Mo Yuan motioned to the guest seat with a lean to on the side of the room and Zhe Yan settled down and poured himself some tea. "How is Qian Qian, Zhe Yan?"
"She is now at the hut in Mount Junji. Zhen Zhen fixed it up and stocked it with food, and added a hot spring so she won't have to forage for her initial supplies. She'll return tomorrow, which gives her one mortal year of space to think and then she'll come and see you. We were expecting theatrics and wailing when she came of her room after reading your letter. We did get some tears but it seems that Xiao Wu has grown up and is no longer the spoiled only daughter of the Fox king. She was depressed with how she abandoned her son after she ascended and took the amnesia potion and is now claiming him as hers. Her father did not tell her that you told Haode A Li would take the mantel of Crown Prince of the Nine Heavens by the way. That would have raised her hackles and gotten Qing Qiu into war with the Celestials, with Xiao Wu leading the charge. You can talk about that after you have secured her love and undying commitment to your future. As to her future with you, we all think that she'll come around and realise what she should have known all along- and that is all she has done for you whether as her pet lotus, shifu, mortal husband, or fiancé- was borne out of deep love. Her one immortal year ends tomorrow around lunch time so I suggest you head in earlier so you can settle all your conversations and decide on your future."

Zhe Yan gave him several elixirs then dragged Mo Yuan to his seclusion cave to meditate and gather as much cultivation as he can before he leaves the next day for Mount Junji.  He also decided to stay overnight and see his friend off the next day with some presents for Xiao Wu.  When Mo Yuan left the cave to cloud jump to the mortal realm, he decided to stop by the kitchens to get the ingredients for a couple of Qian Qian's favorite dishes.  As he was leaving, Zhe Yan stopped him and raised his arms to conjure six bottle of peach blossom wine. "Four of the wine bottles with the normal cover are my usual brew.  The other two with orange ribbons tied to them are more potent and to be drank on especially loving occasions." He completed with a wink to his friend.  Mo Yuan chucked as he took the wine from his friend whom he hugged in parting.

Mount Junji, Mortal Realm

When Mo Yuan arrived to an empty hut.  He opened his dragon senses to feel her presence and found her in town with a happy aura about her.  Satisfied that she was in no danger, he set about arranging the food supplies he brought so he can make her dinner.  He gathered wood from the forest and used his magic to carry them in bulk to be stored in the shed on the side of the hut. He didn't want Qian Qian scouring the forest in the night just to look for wood to fire the hearth as it was starting to get cold in the mortal realm.  He also checked the hot spring, cleaned and heated the water and put some peach blossom petals on the surface to add fragrance to her bath water.  He then went back inside and looked around.  Qian Qian cleaned the hut before she left and it was kept in pristine condition.  As he set about preparing the dishes he would serve her later, he also began to think about the expansion of the small hut.  They would need to install more rooms if A Li was to join them in their mortal realm trips in the future.  If his hope for a happy reunion would come true, then additional rooms for their next children will also have to be added.  He was almost done cooking when he felt her presence nearby as she climbed up the mountain towards their hut.  He felt her stop in her strides before her feet sped up in her steps along with her thundering heartbeat, which mirrored his own in anticipation of her arrival.  He stood motionless for a second before turning about to face the entrance as she rushed forward with her arms stretched forward and her male disguise removed.  Stepping away from the stove to catch her stumbling body, Mo Yuan enveloped Qian Qian in an embrace that finally felt like coming home.