Prologue The Seventh Voyage

BOOM!

Chaos. There is nothing but chaos on the wooden deck of the ship which she calls home.

"Jeongjo!" Yeo Wol screams, her eyes searching frantically for the man who brought this upon them.

BOOM!

The vicious thunder rumbles deep around them, bringing with them white fury from the heavens. Beneath their sturdy ships, the sea rises, threatening to send the pirates overboard with their mountainous waves.

Uncontrollable, unpredictable, unforgiving.

That is how Yeo Wol will describe the situation they are in.

The water is turbulent, rocking their ships dangerously as the chaos continues to unfold on the ship. With the right stroke of luck, the rocking can potentially save a life from being brutally stabbed to death. Yet, her mates, their mates are falling like dead flies around them, all because of their selfishness.

"Heuk Myo, where is he?" Yeo Wol demands, grasping desperately at the girl's shoulders, almost shaking them because of her fear.

The look in the younger girl's eyes is fearful with a hidden layer of coldness. These are the eyes that have seen too much cruelty.

"I don't know, Captain." Heuk Myo says softly, sorrow filling her eyes in that instant.

"Damn it, I have to find him! Stay alive, Heuk Myo, that's an order." Yeo Wol barely has any time to check on the young one before she starts shoving through the masses of pirates fighting for power.

Rain pounds relentlessly against the wooden floorboards of the ships, tripping the pirates over with their slippery grasps. Yeo Wol can feel the rage of the storm echoing from her heart as she desperately races across the ship, down to the basement where the fight continues full force.

"Jeongjo!" She shouts while she navigates her ship expertly, searching for the familiar head of hair and broad stature which she associates with him.

"Where the bloody hell did he go?" Yeo Wol curses right as a northern pirate tries to stab her.

Ducking, Yeo Wol knocks the pirate off his feet, throwing her elbow back to serve him with a taste of unconsciousness. He is far from dead, but Yeo Wol would have killed him if she truly wanted him as dead as a rat.

Screams penetrate the air, accompanied by the swift slashing sounds of the swords as Yeo Wol fights her way through the basement. Her attacks are ferocious, fierce, and certain – as she is known for – mercilessly leaving little room for her perpetrators to win.

But even the strongest will get hurt when they place their trust in the wrong person.

And that person isn't in the basement.

The one person who can end this fight was nowhere to be found on The Lonely Whale.

The sound of thunder continues to ravage the dark sky as Yeo Wol pulls herself back onto the main deck. Her hands were tainted by the blood of her enemies and her mates, a heavy reminder of the bloodshed happening on the ship every waking second.

BOOM!

Past the final thunder, Yeo Wol can finally make out the figure she has been searching hopelessly for. Time seems to freeze then as his mouth opens in a soundless shout and he runs to her like there is no tomorrow.

His muted cry of her name is lost to her as Yeo Wol feels a strong force knocking her from her side, sending her rolling across the floor. Stopped by the body of The Lonely Whale, Yeo Wol rubs the bump on her head as she glares incredulously at the root of the force.