ch13 - the birthday party pt2

14k!!! :)
~~~

14k!!! :)~~~

~~~

"So that's why Hitch showed up so out of the blue? To threaten you?" Jean asked, a surprised look graced his features. He was seated beside Eren in front of the bathtub. He came upstairs to check on you minutes earlier so you ended up explaining the situation to two of your friends instead of one.

You nodded. Eren let out a sharp whistle. "That woman is crazy. No one else knows?"

You shook your head. "I've only ever told you two."

He ran a hand through his tousled hair and sighed lightly. "Why didn't you tell us, Y/n? You know you can talk to me about anything."

You shrugged and pulled your knees up to your chest. "I feel so awful about the whole thing. I know I knew what I was doing was wrong. I thought you guys would see me differently." Your head slumped into your arms as you peered up at the men in front of you.

"Well if it makes you feel any better Jean basically did the same thing to Mikasa," Eren said nonchalantly, earning a light kick from Jean. He winced and gripped his leg. "What'd I say?"

Jean sent a warning glare his way. "Ignoring that comment, Eren. But, Y/n, we'd never think of you as any less than what you are. You're our friend and a good one at that. We love you and nothing is going to change that. I know you feel bad about what you did but you were in a different state of mind. I also know that you're the type who learns from their mistakes." He smiled kindly at you. Eren wore the same expression and you smiled back at them.

Jean sure had a way of making your self-doubt go away. He was right, after all. These days it seemed everyone was right about a lot of things. They were all so blatantly obvious once they were pointed out.

You really were convinced your friends would leave you because of something that you did years ago. However, it was true that you make a strong effort to learn from your mistakes. They wouldn't desert you over something so silly.

Eren was the one to break the silence that had settled between the three of you. "Do you think we should tell the others? Mikasa and Armin, I mean."

Jean looked over at you, awaiting your answer. After a moment, you nodded. "Yes. They deserve to know."

Eren nodded and left the bathroom after he got your approval.

You were alone with Jean. He was looking at you intently but your eyes were facing the floor.

He piped up, "Y/n, did I ever tell you what happened that night?"