ch15 - after it all, epilogue.

final chapter!! :')
~~~

final chapter!! :')~~~

~~~

six months later.

Your mind has always been a messy place. That flaw of yours made you into a very stressed person.

Mikasa didn't like it when her girlfriend got stressed. It caused her to be stressed. She didn't like being stressed.

A few weeks after the band's comeback performance, she'd bought you a journal to keep your thoughts organized. It was a small gift, but you appreciated anything she did for you.

It proved to be a great idea. You were better with dates, less forgetful, and overall a lot less stressed out. You had Mikasa to thank for that.

Six whole months into your relationship with her and everything was going incredibly well. You were really happy.

Speaking of dates, today marks the four monthiversary of you and Hitch finally making amends and settling the conflict between you once and for all.

She did attempt to exploit things over the internet a couple of weeks after Eren's birthday party. However, Armin and Hannes teamed up to take care of the issue before it blew up, Hannes promising to keep Armin out of trouble.

You weren't sure what strings Armin pulled to get her to stop and frankly, you didn't want to know. They assured you they didn't do anything harmful. You sure hoped so. Whatever he did, it made her delete the posts she made pretty quickly.

Some other people from the party did end up having things to say online. Luckily, your friend was a very persuasive person. He managed to get the posts taken down, somehow. You were grateful for his manipulative abilities.

After all the posts were successfully gone, there were still skeptical fans. Even after you took to the socials to clear up any misconceptions, theories were still spread around.

Some believed Hitch was just a random woman who was a little too into you. Others believed there was more to it. Whatever was said, it was forgotten about after a month or so.

Four months ago, she vanished. Her social media accounts were deactivated and no one had heard from her since. However, a few hours before she disappeared, she was at your doorstep. Eren was the one who answered the door and he looked just about ready for a fight.

You were just shocked that she'd shown up in the first place. You were even more shocked when she started apologizing for her actions.

You accepted the apology, having the whole situation pretty much blown over, and knowing Hitch wasn't really an apologetic person. And, honestly, you were ready to leave the past where it belonged. In the past.

You tried to get your own apology out but she turned and left after hers. You'd already apologized before so you supposed it was fine.

Besides, she didn't seem bothered when she told you she and Marlo had a flight to catch.

You don't keep in touch with her anymore but that wasn't a bad thing. You were just glad that the situation had settled and you could end it on good terms.

Good timing too, because just as you predicted, performances happened often now that Mikasa was back and ready to play with you all. You'd even be going on tour during the upcoming March, nearly a year after she came home.

You and the others were beyond excited. It's been so long since your last tour and getting back on the road was thrilling to think about.

There were other fun things for you to think about. For example, later on in the evening, you were having a get-together with your friends. Surprisingly, after the restaurant incident, they had a desire to hang out more. Time spent together was much more spread out before that eventful night.

Even more surprising, they found it pretty funny that Eren's brother was a full-fledged criminal. Sasha and Connie definitely got the most laughs out of that, practically torturing your best friends with their jokes.

Speaking of Zeke, he was still in jail and would be for a long time. But the nice blond man and his kind husband were doing well. You'd actually run into them at the supermarket from time to time. As it turns out, they actually lived pretty close. Much to Levi's dismay.

Before your friends would come over, you and the others promised Reiner to watch over his cousin and her friends.

He'd been tasked with babysitting them a lot more often after Gabi told her mother how much fun she had at the dance.

Sometimes, not often because he was unemployed, but sometimes Reiner was quite busy. During times like those, he'd usually ask Bertholdt or Annie to help him out.

On this day, they were both busy until your mini party. He asked you to babysit in desperation. According to his logic, since there were five people living at your house, he figured you could handle four kids.

After all, those kids adored you and you did love your fans, so how could you say no?

Reiner was extremely grateful for your charity and said he'd pay for the food you decided to order tonight. That was something to look forward to. You were sure Sasha would run him broke.

Overall, in the past six months, life had sorted itself out nicely. And whenever you saw how happy your girlfriend was, you knew all of it was completely, entirely worth it.

fin.

'''''

𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟗𝟓𝟒

closing chapter!! i'm getting emotional over here. you've reached the end! everything i have to say won't fit down here. afterword coming later today. thank you, everyone :)