Dawn

Contains spoilers up to Chapter 136 of Attack on Titan.

His head felt like it had been kicked by a horse. The rest of his body ached too. Even breathing was really hard. What happened?
He couldn't remember anything. Only how Zeke had built a tower with sand in the paths before him. What about Eren, the Yeagerists and his friends. Where was he?
"Is he still not awake?" He heard an unfamiliar male voice.
"No, maybe he'll never wake up again." Echoed Mikasa's worried voice across the room. Luckily she was alright. But who was this guy.
"That would be tragic, the commander, you are all heroes."
Heroes, it was said that the Eren had been stopped, he was probably still alive.
"He has to wake up, otherwise I'll never forgive this furrie."
That was clearly Annie's voice, she was talking about Ymir. What happened there?
He felt a hand touch his face.
"Eren said he was going to wake up." "Yes, and if he says that, of course it has to be like that, isn't it Mikasa?
He almost killed us all." Everything around him seemed so loud and he understood  nothing.
"P-please don't be so loud." He whispered.
Immediately they all fell silent. Someone started sobbing. Slowly he tried to open his eyes, why was his body not healing. Everything was so strange. When he finally opened his eyes he was staring at a stone ceiling. Where were they?
Slowly he straightened up to see Mikasa, Annie, and the stranger. But immediately he stumbled. A strong hand held him. Someone seemed to have been sitting on the bed with him. His gaze slid over to the person. It was Annie, he was relieved for a moment that she was okay. Then he looked into her blue eyes, a scar was visible on her face. Her otherwise expressionless eyes looked at him with concern. Her lips were trembling and her eyes were red. She cried.
"Why don't you regenerate?"
"Because that is no longer possible, Eren has taken the titan powers from us."
Armin swallowed hard and looked around the sparsely furnished room.
His gaze stayed on Mikasa, she seemed to be fine. Beside her stood a tall, bearded man wearing a Marley uniform.
"Where are Jean, Connie, Reiner and the others and where is Eren?"
Mikasa looked sadly at the floor.
"Eren has disappeared with the Titan powers. We all don't know where he is go, probably in the paths. You - you have defeated him. Jean is on his way to Paradis. Connie and the others are fine."
"Commander, everything is fine so far. Don't worry and recover first. Everything else can wait."
Armin nodded tiredly and lay down again. If he really wasn't a titan shifter anymore, it would take him months to get fit again. As for the Yeagerists, Jean would take care of them. He heard a door being opened and closed again. Finally he was alone, finally he could sleep peacefully.
"You are tired, but can I stay with you?" He heard Annie's voice.
"Y-yes. We can also talk."
"You," she paused and gently touched his cheek. "You scared me so you asshole." She hissed at him.
"I'm sorry."
"I know, but you're tired. We can talk tomorrow."

When he woke up the next morning he was alone. He got to his feet, pulled on his jacket, and went out into the corridor. Although part of the building appeared to be destroyed, it still seemed huge. Where did he have to go? He was so hungry.
"Armin?!", before he could react, Mikasa stood next to him and supported him.
"You should actually stay in bed." She rebuked him.
"I know, I'm so hungry. Sorry."
"Okay, I'll take you to the dining room." They walked slowly down the long corridor. Without saying anything.
"You probably like Annie too." Mikasa said as if it were the most normal thing in the world.
"Yes." He mumbled so softly that he could hardly hear it himself.
"That's nice, after all you should get a happy ending."
"That's not that easy."
"Well, the world is 99% wiped out. Jean brings the Yeagerists under control, without Floch they are lost. Historia and her child seem to be up. The last survivors of the outside world are here and don't want to fight anymore. So it is. More or less over all, also that you are no longer a Titan shifter, gave you many years. Especially Annie, otherwise she would have died soon. " Mikasa explained in a dry tone.
"You always wanted to explore the outside world, you can do that with Annie too. I'm looking for Eren in this time."
"That's true, but ..."
"No buts, Armin we are free."
They were both silent the rest of the way. When they arrived at the dining room, a man with a cane was sitting on a bench in front of it.
"May I talk to Mr. Arlert for a moment?"
Mikasa nodded and let Armin sit next to the man on the bench.
"My name is Leonhardt." The man started, so that was Annie's father. "Don't get me wrong boy, we owe you everything, including our lives. But if you break my daughter's heart, you are dead." The man's gaze almost pierced him.
"I don't have that in front of Mr. Leonhardt. I really like your daughter. I just don't know if."
"Don't tell a fuckin' bullshit boy!" Interrupted Annie's father.
"She sat next to you on the bed for days and cried. Annie is actually always hard as a stone on the outside. You mean everything to her. So if you only hurt her once or give her such grief again, it's your turn!"
Now the man's eyes almost sparkled. "Father, what are you doing there." Armin's head shot around immediately, Annie slowly walking towards him.
"I was just talking to your boyfriend." He meant dryly.
"Armin is," she paused and bit her lower lip. "Leave us alone, I need to talk to him."
Now her eyes sparkled too. You could really tell that Annie had grown up with him.