Some Assembly Acquired (Full Chapter)

Some Assembly Acquired Part 1

NEW PALADINS

A RUDE AWAKENING

[Most Paladins are sleeping peacefully, sans Shiro and Keith. The alarms in the Castle of Lions start to blare, rousing every Paladin but Lance, who is sleeping with headphones on that are playing peaceful music. The awake Paladins rush towards the Bridge of the Castleship.]

Everyone was confused/worried.

Allura: "Everybody up! Zarkon's attacking! The Castle's about to be destroyed! Go, go, go! We need Voltron now!"

The Good Guys looked worried at the announcement and the Bad Guys smiled.

[Allura and Coran are in the Bridge.]

PLance squawked and glared at Allura, "YOU TRICKED US!"

The Future watchers snickered as the Past watchers glared at Allura for A) Giving them a scare or B) Making them think they were having an advantage.

Allura shrugged, "I must be testing you"

Past Lance huffed and looked back at the screen.

Allura: "Hurry! We can't survive much longer!"

Coran: "You've got to sell it a little bit more."

[Allura hands Coran the microphone.]

Coran: "Oh, no! Allura is dead! Aaaah! it's horrible! Her head fell off! Wait! What? Her severed head is trying to speak to me! What is it, Allura's head? What are your final words?"

Allura: "Coran..."

Coran: "Oh, yes, Princess, I'm listening."

Allura: "It's over."

Coran: "Oh, I know! Uaaaagh! If only Voltron had been formed..."

[Coran sees Shiro, Keith, Hunk, and Pidge have entered the Bridge.]

The Future people laughed, the Past people stared at them shocked and confused.

"I Remember This!" FLance laughed, amusement in his eyes, "This Is When We Epically FAIL!"

Coran: "—Oh! Time!"

Shiro: "I guess this isn't an actual attack."

Allura: "And it's a good thing it wasn't because it took you... Coran?"

Coran: "Seventy-five degrees. Oh, sorry. No, this is a meat thermometer."

Everyone laughed this time.

Coran blushed, and Keith's Dad smiled at the man.

Mr. Kogane and the female Galra sitting next to him remembered a memory and chuckled softly.

Allura glared at the Galran Female in distrust and the Alteans watched the female carefully, none of them wanting the Red Paladin or his father to die or have grief.

Allura: "However long it was, it was too long. You must always be ready to do battle with Zarkon. Look at you! Only Shiro is in uniform. Keith, Pidge, Hunk, where are your Bayards? And where is Lance?"

[Lance enters the Bridge, yawning and looking well-rested.]

Past Lance blushed as everyone looked at him with raised eyebrows (or whatever Galras have for eyebrows).