♦Assault♦

The carriage ride took 4 hours until we arrived at a light grey and white castle. We must have been one of the last ones to arrive. We stepped into the ballroom with a few eyes catching a glimpse of us. Jason was greeting other Kings and Queens, James walked toward a few of his friends and me, I secretly looked around for my target. If your wondering why I'm not greeting anyone even if I'm the princess, well I'm known but my family technically uses me to kill my enemy. Kingdoms do know I exist of course but I'm not close to the spotlight. To tie it all up, I'm just some sad girl with a sad past who knows how to fight but unfortunately only my mother, father and brother know I'm an assassin. 

I began to walk through the crowd making sure no one saw me. Then I saw him, he was standing on the other side of the ballroom smirking at me. "Gotcha" I whispered under my breath. We stared at each other for a few moment before he suddenly disappeared into the crowd, After that, I didn't see him since. Its been a few hours and still no sign of him.

Soon enough, a traditional dance came on signaling for everyone to find a partner. I began dancing with a boy with blond hair. He looked at me at a way I know too well, slowly I put my mouth to his ear and mumbled a few words before pulling away. I almost laughed at his face, he looked beyond petrified before I switched partners. Now I was with a younger guy who had light brown hair. He smelled of hay. He also stepped on my toes a bit too much for a prince.

Finally I switched partners letting go of a breath I was unaware I was holding. When I looked up at my new partner my body froze for just a second. "Hello Love" he whispered in my ear, "Nice to see you again and may I say, that dress looks ravishing on you". I contained my composer now me leaning into his ear. "You look rather dashing yourself, such a pity it will be a waste rather soon". His smirk grew wider before he pulled me close once again, "You don't have to be so violent my love". Before I could answer I quickly noticed guards and knights coming into the ballroom. Bows were pointing directly at us. My kingdom, Acendros kingdom and the kingdom hosting are planning on killing us here clearly not caring who dies in the process. 

"Ace dear, there seems to be an ambush and we are in the middle of it. When I say go, run for the door behind me and don't look back. Use the guards as shields to protect you. I looked up, guards were still getting in position and no one but me seemed to notice. "Now Go".

Ace under stood quickly and swiftly ran as the next partner change happens. Arrows began to fly. Quickly I ducked beneath a guard and used his shield to protect me from the arrows. An arrow suddenly went in front of me making me stumble, I didn't fall but I dropped my shield. Quickly I headed toward the door with my lack of protection, a guard grabbed my shoulder but not for long before I broke a few fingers and ran out. I made it out and ran to the right. After 5 minutes at least I made it to a ledge, I didn't have much time before the guards found me. I quickly tied my hair and ripped off a long part of my dress so i could move better. Before I could do anything a hand made it's way to my arm. I turned around ready to defend myself until i stopped to see Ace.

"Love why did you save me, you could have let me die, you know I could kill u right here right now or even kidnap you". Hearing his words I didn't want to give him an answer, more like I didn't know my answer to his question. He wrapped his arms around my waist. I didn't have time to waste on him. I twisted his arm enough for him to let go. He was going to grab my shoulder again but I once again twisted his arm and kicked the back of his legs. His back hit the ground. I grabbed a rock nearby and broke the heel off my heels. I looked at Ace one last time, "Sorry, no time for chit chat" before jumping off the ledge I turned around. "Until next time my dear, don't die in the hands of another" and with that I jumped off the cliff into the ocean.