✧Jealousy✧

1011 words

Acendro's POV

I've had it with this world. Their all trying to kill me and her but it's completely and underlay useless. Our blood and life is claimed by each other. The whole kingdom system is full of a bunch of foolish rich people whose money they inherited from their ancestors. My own mother and father attempted to kill me. My own sister, I could never have imagined her to hold up that bow at me and shoot it precisely. I dodged it of course but it slit a bit of my leg. Its bandaged now. I just can't get my mind across it. They treated me as their son even though I was an assassin.

Push goes to show you can't trust anyone so why do I trust the girl who wants to drive a dagger through my heart the same I want to do to her. We could have done it, either of us, I know why I couldn't. I fell in love with her. I've always been in love with her.

It wasn't always like this. We have met more than three times. There was one time we met before our destinies were set. See I was young, I don't recall the age but I found a secret door to escape my castle. I wanted to go to see the wild animals. As I was walking I heard a noise. I looked around but no one was there. A few seconds later, an acorn fell a top my head. I looked up to see a girl. She was beautiful. She slid down the tree in ease and I watched in awe. "Hi, I'm Alala" she bowed. "I'm Acendro" I bowed also, something about her compelled me to want to do what she does. She then laughed. The most glorious laugh. I don't know for what but that was the moment I fell in love. The rest of the night we climbed trees to see the stars. I learned a lot about her. She had it pretty tough but it didn't seem to effect her much. She was truly a free soul.

I tried to keep my life in private in fear I would make her feel bad that she doesn't have a loving family as I do. Little did I know that she was as shattered as a child.

Everytime we met we never managed to kill each-other, it was a funny inconvenience as if the lord was saying "not yet". She remembers me, I can see it, but I also see hatred and I hate that. I don't want that look she gives me to go away but it's the look of hatred. She's smart to know that I'm now alone and abandoned. How is it that I don't see her much but k ow her better than she knows herself.

Shaking these thoughts out of my head I saw her stepbrother return to the castle. He hasn't been seen in public yet. The kingdoms are haunting but of two people. Me and Alala. Why? Because we're dangerous if we team up. I've learned that we both come from the blood of two families. They aren't related in any ways. These family's were graced with the blood of god. Through generations kids have been born but none held the mark that tells that the person holds the blood of god. This almost turned into a myth until me and Alala were born. Behind our ears lies a crescent where a dagger is piercing it. I never knew until I overheard this conversation at the ball. They raised us to kill eachother so that I'm we don't pair up. If we ever did, they would have power anymore. With just us two we could take down the kingdoms. And that's exactly what I'm going to do.

I'm walking in the woods on the other side of the lake. On my way to check on Alala I see her sharpening her daggers. I smile. She's always working on getting stronger. A guy comes up behind her. A man I know too well. Her best friend. I see them talk until he kissed her. Jealous surges through me but I can't focus on that now. A man holding up a bow and arrow is under the tree I'm hiding in trying to kill her. I jump down just when he going to let go of the bow string and twist his arms behind his back. Alala stands up, hearing of course. She throws a sharp dagger toward our direction. It scratched the killer but not me. I pick him up and run away not wanting her to see me yet.

I reach the end of the river with the man in hand. He unconscious. I tie him up and wake him up using the urine of a deer. He wakes up quickly. "I don't have time for questions, mutts like you don't serve a purpose to me. But I won't let you go" I swirl my dagger in my hand pacing I front of the terrified man. He screams nonsense. "Shut your mouth, mutt. You life depends on how you answer this question. What do you think of the girl you were trying to kill?". He looked at me in disbelief mixed with fear. "She's dressed terribly and does not act ladylike. I doubt she's a lady at all. She's a disappointment to the kingdoms, she should die in hell all alone". I look at him. Emotions run though my head. Two stronger than the rest. Anger and murder. "Wrong answer." I  smirk and with one swift swing of my dagger to his neck, his blood splatters onto the rocks. 

My family betrayed me. They were never raising me as a son, but as a weapon. They want to play with us, well the tables have turned. Everyone will get whats coming for them and the girl ive been in love with will be by my side as a partner and lover. Before that, I have to get ride of a few casualties.