Thirty Two

The sound of heavy footsteps made Genesis stir slightly awake.

Her forehead was coated with sweat and her throat was very dry. Genesis was starting to get hungry and agitated with the overwhelming heat that had come over her body.

The feeling of arms both underneath her legs and neck made Genesis realise that she was being carried.

"It's been a while." The voice of her carrier says, their footsteps lighter now. "I can already tell that you've been through so much."

The voice sighs.

"Don't worry. After I'm done taking you to father and then I'll take care of that brute."

Genesis eyes opened softly to be met with a dark silhouette. She couldn't tell who this person was, nor did she want to find out. She could feel the state of the mysterious person looking down at her, making her close her eyes again quickly.

Her brows furrowed in confusion.

'Who is this?' Genesis thought.

Before Genesis could fully navigate her surroundings, she began to feel dizzy again, her mind succumbing to the peaceful allure of unconsciousness.

..............

"I should have never given him my blessing, I'm sorry Ezra." The moon goddess says.

"Why is it that I can never receive anything good? I've been nothing but good." Ezra says, his voice on the verge of breaking.

"Do not feel bad my son." The moon goddess says, caressing his chin. "Everything happens for a reason."

"If this is the tribulation I have to endure, then I'm afraid I don't want to know that reason." Ezra says, looking away from her.

"Don't give up yet my son. I will always work things out in your favor. For I've known you before you were born. I won't let you suffer much longer. But it is in your suffrage that make you strong."

"She's not with me. I'm suffering enough." Ezra says.

"Fret no more." The moon goddess says. "I have returned her to you."

..............

"Queen Genesis, please have some breakfast." A voice says, making Genesis jump out of bed.

At the door was a maid, holding a huge tray of breakfast, herbal teas and freshly squeezed orange juice.

Genesis brows furrowed in confusion.

She took a moment to look around the room, realizing that it was not the same room that she had spent the last two months in. It was a decent room, with soft cushions, a medium sized bed and a small mirror on the wall.

What made Genesis gasp wasn't the fact that she was no longer in the krysters territory, but it was the mere fact that...

She was home.

And home was where he was.

Ezra.

"My Queen?"

"Ezra..." her voice barely above a whisper. The thought of her mater being in the very same presence as she was beyond her. It felt surreal.

"King Ezra is out of Kamoyisland for the day." The maid said, making the rising hope that was building within her to plummet. "Please eat your breakfast my queen. Your son has advise of it."

Her son....

Zidon.

Genesis heart began to race, the thought of seeing her son again, bringing back the light that was once within her.