Prolog

Spencer hated the idea of soulmates. But he hadn't always hated it. When he was younger him and his mother had crawled into her bed, covered with blankets and pillows, and she would tell him stories about when she had met his dad. 

They had been so happy together, but when Spencer turned 5 something changed and suddenly they couldn't stand each other anymore. They were always fighting, sometimes Spencer would get caught right in the middle of it. 

Then, in the morning of Spencer's birthday he left. Spencer remembered waking up and running to his dad's home office, where he had been sleeping on a small bed for the last months, to wake him up so he could make him pancakes for breakfast. When he reached the door of the office he pushed it open, but the room was empty. The bed was neatly done, his dads laptop was missing, as well as some of his dad's favorite books and the bag he had been keeping under the bed.

Spencer had ran to his mothers room, trying to wake her up, worried about where his dad was. His mother was however not ready to wake up yet and had told him to go play in the living room instead of bothering her. Spencer had therefore decided to go search the house for any clues to where his father could have gone, by himself. 

He walked into the living room looking around to see if anything was out of place, he was very observant, especially considering his young age. Everything seemed as it had the night before. That was until he reached the entry door. There, on top a dresser, was a small green package. Spencer walked over, carefully reaching for the package. There was a card on top of it. He opened the card reading the few small words written inside:

 "Happy 6th Birthday, my son."

Spencer couldn't remember more than that. He couldn't remember what was inside the package, he couldn't remember when his mother had woken up, he couldn't remember how she had reacted to the news that his dad had left. All he remembered was feeling angry. He would never forgive his father, NEVER.

---