Chapter 1

Spencer sat up in his bed and stretched his arms. The morning sun streaming into his room from all around the blinds. It was early summertime and the sun was becoming stronger every day. Spencer realised a loud yawn, and looked at his arm as he got up from the bed. He had a new massage from his soulmate. "-Morning Pretty, you slept well?". Spencer had gotten similar massages from his soulmate since their link opened when he was 13. He thought of it as stupid. People were to overly attached to the ide of the perfect partner, they blindly believed in soulmates and did not consider the danger and hurt that came with it. They just jumped head first, without a second thought. Secondly, how could his soulmate possibly know if he was pretty or not. They had never met. The thought of soulmates always annoyed Spencer, but he would not let it ruin his day. He decided to just move on, and not think anymore about the message. That is what he usually did.

Spencer yawned again, he hadn't gotten much sleep during the night, he was too excited to start his new job to fall asleep. He looked at the clock, 6.00, he wasn't going to work before 8.00, and the job was only 15 minutes away by car. He had plenty of time to get ready. 

Spencer made his bed, before slowly walking over to the window pulling the blinds away. It looked like it was going to be a sunny and warm day, as suspected. Spencer stood by the window with his eyes closed feeling the warmth from the sun hit his face, before he made his way over to his closet to get his outfit for the day. He laid it down on the bed, and went into the bathroom for a quick shower. He then got dressed and went to the kitchen to make his breakfast for the day. Not bothering to brush his shoulder length brown hair, it was going to look messy either way.  He decided to cook some sunny sides up, cause egg has all the vitamins you need, except vitamin-C but he got a glass of orange juice to fill that need.

Spencer sat anxiously at the table, trying to use a long time to eat his breakfast. He was staring on the clock at his phone, time was moving so slow. To slow. He just wanted to go to work. The clock turned 07.15 when he went over to the sink to do the dishes. The dishwashing went quickly, and he then went into his room to get his pre packed bag. Then he dashed out the door, to his car. Finally it was time for work.

As Spencer stood in the elevator in the FBI building he could barely stand still. He was watching the floor numbers change on the screen above the buttons. He was too excited, but as the elevator got closer to his floor, he grew more anxious. What if the people were rude? What if they didn't like him? What if he wasn't good enough? It was too late to back out now, because the elevator doors where opening showing him the Behavioral Analysis Unit at the FBI.

Spencer looked around, admiring the scene before him, all worry leaving his body. Then he headed over to a flight of stairs on the left side of the room. He contained his excitement, not wanting to get everyone's attention by acting really weird. He calmly walked up the stairs, and headed for one of the offices at the top. While walking he looked at all the agents sitting at their desks. They looked very busy, and no one had noticed him yet. He reached the office door, and read the name Aaron Hotchner on it. He knocked, and opened it when he heard a "come in" from inside the office. Calmly he walked over to the tall man standing beside the desk, and shook his hand.

"-Dr. Spencer Reid." he told the man.

"-I'm Aaron Hotchner, pleasure to meet you." the man answered, and gestured to the chair in front of the desk. Spencer sat down, and Hotchner sat back down in his office chair.

"-So you're our new recruit? Not to be rude, but you look very young... and fragile." Hotchner said, looking at the boy.

"-Yes, but I have an IQ 187, three PhD, and I can read 20,000 words per minute." Spencer replied quickly, look back at the man.

"-That's impressive." Hotchner said, nodding at the boys words. Then he stood from his chair, and started walking towards the door. "-Well come on. I'm going to show you your desk, and introduce you to the rest." 

And with that Agent Hotchner disappeared out the door, and Spencer quickly ran after him. 

---

Spencer followed Agent Hotchner down the stairs, that he had just walked up. The agent lead him to a desk almost on the opposite side of the room from the elevator. 

"-Well, this is your desk." He said gesturing to the cubicle. Others around the office had now taken notice of the new guy at the office. Just then they heard a woman's voice calling:

"-Hey Hotch, Whats up?" the voice said. Spencer turned, looking for the source, but he didn't find it. Neither did Hotch, but he still replied:

"-This is Dr. Spencer Reid. He is our newest recruit." the agent said, gesturing to Spencer.

"-Hi." Spencer said, raising his arm and giving a small waive at all the people who was now staring at him. Most of them gave a small smile or waived at him, and some said "hi" back before they all returned to their jobs. 

Hotch gave Spencer a small clap on the shoulder. "-If you need anything, you know where to find me." then he walked back to his office. Spencer gave him a small nod as he walked off. Then put down his shoulder bag, and sat down in his chair inside the small cubicle. He just started to log onto the computer when he saw a big, dark skinned, bald man walking towards him. 

"-Hey new guy." the man said with a smile, when he reached Spencers cubicle. 

"-I'm agent Derek Morgan." he said sticking out his hand.

"-Dr. Spencer Reid" Spencer answered, shaking the man's hand. 

Just as Spencer grabbed his hand he felt a weird tingling feeling move up his arm. Spencer looked up at Derek, and they smiled at each other.