Chapter 4

The team was gathered in the conference room. Now that they knew where the victims had been taken, it was easier to make a geographic profile. This was Spencer's expertise. He put up a big map and then marked the places the boys had been taken from. This way he can find out which areas the unsub works in. Spencer was deep into his work when he felt a tingling sensation. He recognised it as the feeling of the soul link opening. Spencer rolled up his sleeve to read the words his soulmate was writing. Not that it was any rush, he wouldn't reply either way. 

Good morning pretty. Kick some ass today.

Spencer rolled his eyes at the message. Then he looked out the window. It was light out. Spencer hadn't realized it was morning already. They had arrived pretty late yesterday, and then worked non stop since. 

"-You talking to your soulmate?" Emily asked as she walked into the room and noticed Spencer's arm.

"-Not really"

"-Well they are clearly trying to talk to you." Emily said pointing to the words on his arm.

"-Yeah" Spencer shrugged.

"-Aren't you gonna respond?" 

"-No"

"-Why?"

"-It's been the same since our link opened. Every morning they send a message, and I don't respond. I'm just not a fan of the whole soulmate thing."

"-Why is that?"

"-When I was young, my dad left me and my mom. That really broke my mom. She was too attached to the ide of the perfect partner, that would stay no matter what. When it turned out to be wrong, it crushed her."

Emily put a hand on Spencer's shoulder. He was surprised by the touch. Normally he wasn't a big fan of touching, but he trusted Emily. He already thought of her as a good friend. 

"-Just because your parents story didn't go so well, that doesn't mean yours won't. Promise me you will at least give them a chance."

Spencer only nodded at her words.

"-Well i'm gonna go join Rossi, Hotch and JJ in talking with the other victims families. Good luck with the geographic profile." Emily waved as she walked out of the police station.

"-Thank you" Spencer shouted after her. Then he returned to his work. 

---

Spencer had been staring at the map for a while, when he decided he needed a cup of coffee. He made his way down the hall towards the break room. He got to the break room, but hesitated to walk inside when he heard Morgans voice from inside the room. Spencer isn't the eavesdropping type, but something made him just stand there quietly listening. 

"-I don't know baby girl. I think they are just not interested." He was quiet for a while.

"-Yeah, but they don't answer. I have been trying to get in contact for a while now. Maybe this whole soulmate thing is just not for me." Spencer released Derek must be talking to someone on the phone.

"-Oh the new guy? Yeah, he is skilled, and pretty good looking too." Spencer raised an eyebrow, where they talking about him?

"-Of course nobody's better then you baby girl." Derek was quiet for a while. Then he laughed a short, but genuine laugh.

"-Yeah... maybe." 

Spencer figured this might be a good time to go inside, he didn't want to be caught eavesdropping. He opened the door fully, and nodded when he noticed Derek. Derek nodded back, then he said goodbye to whoever he was talking to. Spencer walked over to the coffee pots and started pouring coffee in his cup. 

"-Hey pretty boy. How's the geographic profile going?" 

There it was again, the nickname. Spencer thought he might have imagined it the first time Derek said it, but to imagine it twice..? 

"-It's going pretty well. But I needed a coffee break." Spencer said, and took a sip from his cup.

"-Do you want any help?" 

"-What?"

"-With the profile?"

"-Oh, sure. Thank you." 

The two of them made their way back to the conference room to finish the map.

---

Spencer and Derek stood leaned over the table marking different parts of the map. The coffee mugs stood long forgotten on the side of the table. 

"-Wait come look. I think I got it." Spencer said waiving Derek over. 

"-He has to have a secondary location somewhere in between the abduction sites. Well looking at the different locations, of the boys homes and the playgrounds. It has to be about here." He said, drawing a big circle on the map.

"-I think you are right." Spencer was a bit startled when he heard Derek's voice so close. Spencer stood up and turned to look right at Derek. They were standing really close. Spencer could feel Derek's warm breath hit his nose and he could smell his cologne. He smelt good. Their eyes met. Spencer stared into those deep brown eyes, just now realizing how beautiful they are. Spencer glanced down at Derek's floppy full lips. Spencer licked his lips. As soon as he realized what he was doing he forced himself to look back at Derek's eyes. Spencer noticed a shift in Derek's eyes. Was he just staring at Spencer's lips? No, that must have been his imagination or something. 

"-We should probably tell the others about the geographic profile." Derek breathed out.

"-Yeah your right." Spencer answered and turned to grab his coffee cup. He needed to calm himself.

---

"-We believe that the unsubs secondary location must be in this area." Spencer said showing the circle to the rest of the team.

Derek had called them, and all of them where now gattered in the conference room once again. 

"-Well we talked to the family and neighbours. Apparently a light gray van, with a logo on the side doors was seen on all the locations before the boys disappeared." Hotch said.

"-Yeah. And the neighbour of the Hanson's asked the driver what he was doing there, and he said he was a plumber." Emily told them.

"-But there are too many plumbers in the comfort area for us to interview them all in time." Spencer said, he was starting to get really worried. 

"-Well you haven't heard about Penelope Garzia." Derek said pulling out his phone. He dialed a number and put the phone on speaker. The phone didn't ring for long before somebody answered.

"-Hello again, my chocolate thunder."

"-Hey, baby girl. Your on speaker."

"-Hey everybody!" 

"-Hello Garzia. Could you find a list over all plumbers, male, between the ages of 35 to 45, that have worked in the areas of the victims homes correlating with the time of their disappearance?" Hotch asked the woman on the phone.

"-Of course I can. But it will take some time." 

"-That is fine, because we need to deliver the profile."