tWeLvE

Sierra knew she couldn't go back to her apartment. She also knew that she shouldn't go to her mom's. They'd be looking for her there. Though, in recent news, there was less focus even on Sierra since Cody wasn't the only one found dead. She was on her own. She was a nomad.  The only problem was that she was recognizable.

Sierra tightened the hood of her teal hoodie around her face as she walked down the street.  It was fairly late at night.  The sun was setting.  There weren't many people around.  She saw a sign for a drugstore and walked in. 

The middle aged lady at the register greeted her as she made her way to the beauty isles.  She grabbed two boxes of permanent dark brown women's hair dye.  She also picked up a small beauty kit with scissors in it on her way to the register. 

The woman smiled and scanned the items.  Sierra paid with cash and left, running over to the gas station, or, more specifically, the gas station bathroom, down the street.

She looked in the mirror at her waist long purple and pink hair one last time before tears began to spill down her cheeks as she began dying her hair.  Once the dye was on her hair and washed out to be set, she chopped half of it off.  Looking up at her new reflection, Sierra wiped her tears away and smiled.  Her hoodie was stained with hair dye, so she threw it away with the ten inches of hair in the trashcan.  She rinsed out what she could of the hair dye in the sink before giving up at the futility of it and walking out a whole new woman.