eIgHt

Sometimes, love is just a casualty.  You understand that, right?

It was two a.m. and all signs of the reporters and paparazzi were gone. Not a single sound or flash was noticed outside Noah's door. He hadn't moved from the couch since he heard the news from the reporters outside his door.  His phone was ringing off the hook, but he wasn't accepting any calls. He didn't want to hear anymore about Cody. He didn't want to hear anymore about Total Drama. He didn't want to hear anymore about anything.

But, then, his phone rang. "No Caller I.D.". He didn't pick up. It rang again. He didn't pick up. Finally, it rang a third time, and Noah exasperatedly answered the call.

"Hey, Noah. It's Sierra-"

"Nope-"

"Wait! Don't hang up on me!"

Noah sighed. "What do you want?"

Sierra paused for a second. Noah started to get irritated. Then, the woman spoke up. "Can I come over?"

"Why the hell would you come over, Sierra?"

This part, Sierra had down. "My house is swarmed by the press. I can't do anything or go anywhere."

"Yeah, you're telling me. But, why would I let you come over right now?"

"Because. We both loved Cody."

The Next Morning

"Goodmorning, Muskoka!  It's your daily news broadcaster, Bridgette Adler, and you're watching Life in Muskoka. Following the death of the beloved T.V. personality," Bridgette choked on the words before continuing, "Cody Anderson, we have received more breaking news. Noah Patel is confirmed to be..."

Bridgette stood up in the middle of the emergency broadcast. "I can't do this."

Her co-host, Josh Romaine, took over for the end of the report.  "Sorry about that, folks.  Our breaking news report confirms that another former Total Drama contestant, Noah Patel was found dead in his apartment this morning by roaming reporters.  Police believe it to be a suicide in wake of Cody's death, but a full investigation will go under way.  That's all for Life in Muskoka!  Thanks for tuning in."

Off-camera, Bridgette threw up in a nearby trash can.