38: Let You Win

The next day Han tries the track

"Close, but not enough." Gisele tells him as he gets out the car.
"Dom, window is to small. Man." Han says as he turns to face Dom who is working on a car. "Only way we're going to beat the camera is with invisible cars."
"And I know just where to get them." Dom says closing the hood of the car he was working on. "Let's take a ride, boys."
_________
Gisele drives the van by the police station before Dom, Brian, Roman and Han clomp on top of the van before jumping over the fence. The each get into a police car before driving off. Brian pulls up to the red light with Dom behinds him.
"It's been a while since I've been behind the wheel of one of these." Brian says looking at the dashboard.
"First time I've been in the don't seat." Dom says with a smirk causing Brian to chuckle.
Han and Roman then pull up on the other side of Dom.
"Hey, Rome, what took you so long? I thought for sure you'd be showing up with some chrome spinners of something." Brian says in a teasing tone.
"Real funny." Roman says with a chuckle before glaring at Brian. He then grabs the speaker. "I got 100,000 that says I can take you all in the next quarter mile."
"Yeah, your broke ass has got a hundred grand." Brian says with a laugh.
"If we pull off this job I will. The best two lights. Hundred thousand." Roman replies.
"We don't pull this job off, we're probably dead anyway. Let's make it a million." Han says looking at Dom and Brian.
"I like that. All right, a million dollar quarter mile." Brian says with a smile.
"All right then." Han says as he gets ready.
"You only live once. Let's do it." Roman agrees.
"What do you say, Dom?" Brian asks.
"We talking or we racing?" Dom asks back.
"Hey'." Brian says causing Dom to look at him. "Just don't cheat this time."
"Got to let that go." Dom says as he rolls his eyes and smiles.
They all get ready for the light to turn green. When it does they all take off with Roman in the lead with his siren blaring and lights flashing.
"Typical Roman." Brian says with a roll of his eyes.
"I'm going to get this money. I'm hungry." Roman cheers .
Brian gets up beside Roman as there are park cars in both side of the street.
"Don't make it to easy for me, boys." Dom says as he slips between Brian and Roman's cars.
Han passes Roman which puts him in last place.
"Not this time, Dom." Brain says as he pulls up beside Dom.
"You got to want it, Brian." Dom says as he looks to see Brian beside him.
Han gets behide Dom and Roman gets behide Brian with Dom and Brian a little ahead. Dom pulls infront of Brian a little bit before letting off the throttle making it seem as though Brian had just passed him.
"Yeah! Owned you! Owned you!" Brian cheers as he wins.
They return to the hide out and Brian gets out his car smiling at Dom.
"Good race, O'Conner." Dom says as he walks away.
"Thanks Dom." Brian says before turning to look at Han and Roman. "Do you know how long I've been waiting for that shit?"
Roman smiles before him and Brian bro hug.
"I told you he didn't see it." Han says causing Brian to look at Han and Roman confused.
"Your man right there?" Roman says motioning to Dom. "He let off the throttle at the line. You didn't do anything. He let you win."
"Bullshit." Brian's says while Han and Roman walk away.
Brian frowns but smiles again when he sees Violet walking over to him.
"Hey baby." Brian says wrapping his arms around Violet's waist.
"Hey babe. Everything okay you were just frowning?" Violet asks placing her hands on his chest.
"Everything's okay." Brian replies before pecking her lips.
"You sure?" Violet asks.
"Yeah everything's good." Brian says. "Now come on. I got something I want to show you.
Brain grabs Violet's hand and drags her to a separate room which is soundproof.