Part 35

**Santa's POV**

Santa: Calling from the closet as I pack our things into box's while sitting on the floor. "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO LEAVE EARLY? WE STILL HAVE TWO DAYS BEFORE WE NEED TO BE THERE TO LOOK AT HOMES."

Earth: I could hear him rummaging around in the bedroom before he pokes his head in the closet. "It would be easier to go there a few days early because than we can look around the area and get a little more familiar with where we are. For example, we dont know if they have any type of train or bus systems."

Santa: He walks into the closet and wraps his arms around me before looking over my shoulders into the box's. "That's true..."

Earth: "How much more do you have to pack?"

Santa: "Well considering how I only planned on bringing a suitcase or two until I found out that we have wayyy more clothes than that. I really don't know."

Earth: He lets go of me and sits down across from the box. "Need any help?"

Santa: "Did you finish packing up the necessities from around the apartment?"

Earth: He looks up at the ceiling in thought while checking off invisible things on his fingers. "As far as I know I got everything that we need but you can always double check before we leave for the air port tonight."

Santa: I point at the left side of the closet with a small smile. "Than you can build a new box and start packing up half of what you want from that side of the closet."

Earth: He gets up before disappearing into the bedroom to find a box. "WHAT ABOUT SHOES?"

Santa: "I THINK I'M ONLY GOING TO BRING TWO OR THREE PAIRS AND THAN BUY NEW ONES WHEN WE GET THERE."

Earth: He comes back in with one of the boxes I had built earlier today. "Do you think I should do the same thing?"

Santa: "That would probably be the best thing to do." I silently continue to pack as I watch him. I wanted to ask him about what he's been avoiding but I'm not sure if he'll answer me or not. "Soo... Are you going to call everyone and let them know what's going on?"

Earth: His smile falls as he looks down at his hands. "Oh... Do I still need to do that?..."

Santa: "Yea, you do. You should have told them yesterday, especially if were leaving tonight."

Earth: "Well why couldn't you tell them?"

Santa: "Because you told me not too."

Earth: "Oh yea..."

Santa: "So what are you going to do?"

Earth: "Maybe I can give them a call once were all done packing up and than we can meet up for dinner. Hopefully everyone is free tonight."

Santa: "You should have planned this last night so they would have known in advance."

Earth: "Yea, yea. I know..."

I couldn't help but laugh as the closet fills with silence. He was wringing his little hands together instead of packing and I thought it was cute. He loves all of his friends a little more than he should and I get that he doesnt want to hurt them but he shouldn't have waited until the last day.

This was either going to go really well or really bad...

...

Finally stacking the last box's by the front door I wipe off my forehead with a proud smile as I turn my gaze to Earth who was lounging on the couch.

Santa: I point at the pile of box's. "You know you could have helped me with this."

Earth: He just waves his hand at me. "You knew what you were doing, you didn't need me."