Chapter 2: Mr. Nova Polaris

The tall man greeted Seren with a hello. "Hello there! How are you, good sir? May I come in?" the tall man asked. Chara walks behind Seren. "Who's this, honey?" The tall man bowed down to Chara and introduced himself. "My name is Nova. Mr. Nova Polaris. I want to talk to you about something. May I come in, please?" Seren and Chara hesitated but let Mr. Nova in their home. The three sits on the couch and Mr. Nova sighed. "You see, half of my family has been murdered. The rest of my family needs some money to survive. My mom is on the verge of death and I can't really do anything about it. Could you spare a few dollars so we can survive?" Chara puts her hand on Mr. Nova's arm and looks him in the eyes. "I am so sorry that you are suffering so badly. I wish we could help but we don't have a lot of money to give anyone." Mr. Nova starts to "cry". Seren puts his hand on Mr. Nova's shoulder. "Are you okay, Mr. Nova?" Mr. Nova's cry starts to turn into laughter. Without Seren and Chara knowing, Mr. Nova slowly and discreetly pulls out a blade from his pocket. He takes his blade and swings it and almost cut Seren. Both Chara and Seren jumped from Mr. Nova's blade. "Just give me all your money and we'll be done with this!" Seren grabs a tall lamp and swings it in self-defense. "No! Get out of our house and never come back!" Mr. Nova and Seren started battling each other.

(Dawn's POV)  

"Jeez, this line is long. I'm not waiting in this line anymore." Dawn runs up to the cash register and pays for the baby food and walks back home. While walking home, Dawn encounters a rattlesnake.  She stops and puts the bag of baby food down slowly. As she's putting the bag down, she grabs a metal rod with a spike on both sides. The rattlesnake hisses at Dawn and starts to charge at her. Dawn jumps into action and throws the metal rod at the snake's head. The rod goes straight into the middle of the snake's head. The snake died instantly.  "Bullseye!" Dawn grabs her bag of baby food and proceeds to go home.