Chapter 3: Witnessing The Murder

Dawn finally gets home and notices that the front door is open. She starts to walk up slowly to the house. She starts to see splatters of blood everywhere. "Oh, dad must have fought a woodland creature, I wish I could've helped him," Dawn says while standing in the doorway. That wasn't the case. She sees Mr. Nova standing above her father's body. Mr. Nova takes his blade and stabs Seren in his chest then cuts off his head. Dawn drops the bag of baby food but Mr. Nova doesn't hear it. Mr. Nova then runs out the back door. Thinking he is running towards Hunter's room, Dawn runs to the room to check her baby brother. Please be alright, hunter! You are my only hope! Dawn thought panicking. Little baby Hunter was okay. He had no injuries. He was still peacefully sleeping. Dawn sighs with relief. She picks up Hunter and holds him as she ties a large cloth around both of them. As Mr. Nova runs away Dawn packs some food for her and her brother. "Well Hunter, We are on our own now. Mom and Dad are gone. At least we are together. I will protect you and avenge our parents." Dawn says while wiping tears off her face. She walks out the backdoor and started looking for clues. Looking for anything that leads to her parents' murderer. After hours of walking and searching, Dawn stops at a seemingly abandoned shed near some bushes. Hunter starts to fuss and whine. "Aww Hunter, it's okay. I'll feed you." Dawn pulls out baby food for Hunter and feeds him. After being fed, Hunter starts laughing. "Ahh, there's that cute smile I've been looking for." Dawn giggles. Suddenly, one of the bushes started to move. Dawn immediately puts her guard up. She grabs a long stick and preps herself to protect herself and her little brother. A boy, the same age as Dawn, pops out. "Hey ther-" the boy's sentence was cut short after Dawn whacks him with the stick. Dawn runs behind the shed with her little brother.