The New World - 1

A/N: This story may seem similar to one by @tiabia630 because I have read their stories a million times by now and it's just engraved into my brain every day. Please go check them out! They have some of my favorite stories on here!

The year 3030. Things have changed. People have changed. Societal norms have changed. On a little island known as Lenore Isles, things are done extremely different. When every individual reaches the age of 18, they have to take an assessment to determine their status. Individuals who have a strong sense of what their results are allowed to get tested sooner.

The statuses are Dominant, Submissive, Caregiver, Little and Undecided. If the individual tests as a submissive or little, then they are required to find their other half by their 21st birthday. Until then, they must remain with their parents. Each little and submissive is given a military style dog tag with a code that matches their dominant or caregiver.

It may have been easier to send a code to the dominant or caregiver, but that's not how it's done on Lenore. The pair must find each other in every day settings to show it is dependent on them finding each other.

Elise POV

It's almost time for the annual tour for littles to come tour the Garden Home, which is our version of the White House. I host this every year in hopes to find my little.

I heard my head security guard and wife Scarlett walk in and I smiled seeing her enter. "Hello my dear." I whisper to her and she smiles brightly at me before placing a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Hello my love." Scar whispers back to me. I'm classified as a Caregiver while Scarlett is undecided. Her test results bordered both dominant and caregiver too closely, which is why she is the perfect bodyguard for me.

"You're stressing aren't you?" Scar asked me and I shook my head no.

"Don't lie to me dear, I can read you like a book. You know not to stress, we do this every year." Scar tried to reassure me, but it did the opposite for me.

"Exactly babe, we do this every year. I just want our baby. Our baby is going to be an actual baby by now." I explained and she pulled me out of my chair and held me close.

"It's okay darling, we'll find them soon." Scar told me as she rubbed my back.

Mason POV

"Mas we have to go!" I heard my mom yell for me. I didn't want to go to this stupid little's tour. It's only for littles that are 20 or 21 and I don't want to go. I was not expecting a little status and I don't want that showcased to everyone who is at this event.

"Mom! I don't want to go! Please don't make me." I whined as I walked down the stairs and saw her.

"I know baby, but you have to. It's literally the law." Mom joked and I rolled my eyes.

Dad was at work so he got to miss out on this, but mom took the day off to assure I went. 20 minutes later we were out the door and on our way to the Garden Home. Late of course.

Pulling up to the front stairs, mom gave me a quick hug. "Okay baby, have fun and behave please!" Mom told me and I gave her a quick nod before stepping out of the car. I waved goodbye as I waited for her to pull out of the lot.

Once her car was out of sight, I quickly made my way around the Garden Home instead of going inside like I was supposed to. I saw the back entrance of the property and made a break for it. I was almost to the property line when I was body slammed.

"Where do you think you're going?" The giant man on top of me asked and I groaned in pain. He realized he was crushing me and rushed off of me.

"Anywhere but here." I told him once he rolled off of me.

"Sorry young one, can't let that happen." He said as he helped me stand up.

"Kind of figured that out when you body slammed me. What's your name?" I asked him and he chuckled at my first remark.

"Mason, and you?" My eyes widened at that.

"Mine is Mason too! I've never met another one! This is so cool." I said with a little smile on my face.

He smiled too before asking to check my tag. His face fell flat when he read it. He quickly ushered me inside without saying a word. I was handed off to a different guard who eventually handed me off to a very intimidating woman.

She held my hand close to her body as she walked me into a big office. I was more than shocked when the President herself turned around in her chair.

"Hello dear." She said gently and her bodyguard led me to the chair across from her.

"I guess you're wondering why I brought you here today?" She asked and I softly nodded. I was a little scared to be right across the table from the President.

"Well my dear, our numbers appear to be a matching set, meaning you are my little and I am your caregiver." She said with a soft smile that definitely comforted me more than I expected it to. This was too much though.

"Wan go home." I whined slightly. I knew I'd be okay if I warmed up to her, but I couldn't do that right now and I didn't understand why.

The President looked to her bodyguard before nodding, almost like they had a silent conversation. "Okay dear, I'll call your parents and arrange for them to come get you. It's okay sweetie." The President told me calmly and I nodded and shot her and the guard a small smile which caused them to both smile brightly at me.

A/N: Here is the first chapter of Our Protector. I hope you all like it! I don't know how often I'll update, but I'll do my best.