Ch. 6 - Return of Lisee

A/N: Super short filler chapter as I figure out where this story is going.

Elise POV

One of my other guards pulled me away from my little one, which quite frankly made me a little irritated.

"Madam President." My main spokesperson spoke as I entered the room.

"This better be good to pull me away." I said sternly causing them to gulp.

"Your press team wants to have a gala for you finding your little after all these years." They spoke again causing me to sigh.

"I just don't think she's ready for that yet." I spoke quietly causing them to nod.

"Understood, but it is tradition that within the first two weeks of a caregiver finding their little that a party is thrown. You being the president means that you must throw a gala." They spoke once more and I nodded before dismissing them.

I ran my fingers through my slightly damp hair before exiting my office. I'll let them start planning but if she's not ready then she's not ready.

I make my way back to the room since I had a feeling my wife would take Mason there. Sure enough they were there. Scarlett was laying in bed combing her fingers through Mason's wet hair. I rolled my eyes knowing that pillow was going to be soaked.

Scarlett looked up as I entered the room and I gave her a weak smile. I explained quietly the situation regarding the gala and she didn't look too thrilled either.

"If she's not ready by the time of the gala then she's not going." Scarlett told me firmly shocking me slightly.

I nodded, "I had already come to that conclusion, so I'm glad you agree."

Mason started stirring awake and smiled when she opened her eyes to see me at the end of the bed. She crawled her way down towards me and lifted her arms up surprising Scarlett and myself.

Nonetheless, I picked her up and held her tightly in my arms. "Missed you Lisee." Mason mumbled quietly.

I smiled softly and told her I missed her as well. Two weeks. We can do this.