Chapter one: Starting Today, You Are a Host! (part 1)

Haruhi Fujioka wandered through the extensive halls of the famous Ouran Academy campus as she searched desperately for a quiet place to study.

"This place has four library rooms. You'd think one of them would be quiet." She thought to herself as she gazed out of one of the large windows looking onto the huge courtyard outside.

She was irked, of course. She had searched all four libraries and much to her dismay, each one was filled with chatty students making a ruckus and a ton of noise.

"I'm beginning to think that rich kids only come to school to have a good time." Haruhi rolled her eyes, sighing, as she came upon a large and ornate set of doors, "An abandoned music room. I guess this is the only place I'll be able to study in peace and quiet."

She tugged open one of the large doors and looked inside with shock as flower petals flew out towards her and into her face.

"Welcome!" A group of six boys exclaimed. Five of them were all surrounding the center boy who sat in a nice red chair and had locks of almost golden hair as well as vibrant purple eyes.

'When I opened the door, there was the Host Club.'

---------------------------------

"Only those with excellent social standing and those from filthy rich families are lucky enough to spend their time here at the elite private school, Ouran Academy.

The Ouran Host Club is where the school's handsomest boys with too much time on their hands entertain young ladies who also have way too much time on their hands.

Just think of it as Ouran Academy's elegant playground for the super-rich and beautiful." Tamaki Suoh explained smoothly to the clearly frazzled Haruhi.

"T-This is a host club?" Haruhi stammered, pressing her back to the door tightly in hopes to keep away from the sheer weirdness in that room alone.

"Oh wow. It's a boy." Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachiin chorused together, looking closely at the confused girl with faces of disappointment.

"Hikaru, Karou, I believe this young man is in the same class as you, isn't he?" Kyoya Ootori inquired curiously, pushing his glasses up his nose and writing in his black notebook. (*cough cough* Deathnote)

"Yea, but he's shy. He doesn't act very sociably so we don't know much about him." Hikaru and Kaoru shrugged together.

"Welcome to the Ouran Host Club, Mister Honor Student." Kyoya smirked as the first light bulb was lit.

"What? You must be Haruhi Fujioka. You're the exceptional honor student we've heard about." Tamaki exclaims happily.

"How did you know my name?" Haruhi looked at the blonde, confused.

"Why, you're infamous. It's not every day that a commoner gains entrance into our academy. You must have an audacious nerve to work hard enough to fight your way into this school as an honor student, Mister Fujioka." Kyoya stated.

"Well, ah, thank you. I guess." Haruhi stared at Kyoya with a confused expression, was that a complimentative insult?

"You're welcome! You are a hero to other poor people, Fujioka. You've shown the world that even a poor person can excel at an elite private academy. It must be hard for you to constantly be looked down upon by others." Tamaki sighed dramatically.

"I think you're taking this poor thing too far." Haruhi sweatdropped.

"Spurned, neglected... But that doesn't matter now. Long live the poor! We welcome you, poor man, to our world of beauty!" Tamaki posed exaggeratedly, holding his hand out towards Haruhi flamboyantly.